Subject: Paper sizes plus defaults?

Greetings!

While reading Regina's excellent work on defining what is meant by
header, footer, etc., it occurred to me that ODF doesn't define
(reference the standards setting) page sizes.

In Office-3938, https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3938, Svante
has suggested changing fo:page-width and fo:page-height from *optional*
to *mandatory.*

The wikipedia page, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size, is a good
starting point for standards to reference on page sizes, should we
choose to add them.

At a minimum, I would suggest ISO 216, ISO 217, ISO 269, DIN 476-2, SIS
014711, JIS-B4, JIS-B5, GB/T 148-1997, ESKD GOST 2301-68, and ANSI/ASME
Y14.1. What sizes implementations choose to support, being left to the
implementations.

Question: If we specify page sizes, do we include specification of
business or index card sizes? Those being common office documents?

Question: Beyond documents per se, are other other standard dimensions
for authoring or printing drawings, charts, spreadsheets, etc.?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net