Subject: Work flow options

Greetings!

Regina raised at our last meeting the issue of work flow for processing
issues.

Correct me Regina but I understand the issue is with the difficulty of
obtaining the current release and then diffing it against a prior
release to see what has changed?

Since participation and proofing by TC members and others is a very
important part of our workflow, I have some thoughts to perhaps kick off
an email or conference call discussion.

In all cases, we are required to record all changes made to the 1.2
final product, in ODF 1.3, so with any solution, a list of changes will
appear in the final editorial product. Just an FYI on that requirement.

Workflow options:

1) We continue with the SVN as presented configured by Jos. Either I or
TC members have to create their own "display" versions for further
use/diffing, etc.

2) We could switch to GitHub, but I don't see that as answering Regina's
original concern.

3) I could enter changes with change tracking turned on and at the same
time maintain a change list with JIRA issue links in the change list.
You could see the change marked changes, but would have to consult the
change list to explore further.

4) Same as #3, but I link to the JIRA issue at the site of the change.
With change tracking on, the updating of links due to new clauses, is
not reflected as changes. That is if I insert a new 3.10, the old 3.10
-> 3.11 and all pointers to the old 3.10 update but don't show as changes.

Thoughts?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Jos advises on my present XML error just to correct it and make
another commit.

PPS: I tested the updating of links in the cross-linking sections in LO.
I knew it was supposed to work that way but without seeing it, it was
only my assumption that it would work that way.

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau