Subject: ODF teleconference chat notes for 6 August 2018

Greetings!

Our chat notes for the ODF teleconference on 6 August 2018.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

6. Next meeting: 13 August 2018
Andreas J Guelzow: I have problems calling in....
Andras Timar: Yes I'm here
Patrick: quorum - yes
Patrick: Regina's email - subject line: [office] Adding a namespace for CSS
Patrick: agenda approved
Patrick: Thoughts on Regina's questions on CSS
Patrick: Patrick - agree that we need to update/improve our description
Patrick: Regina - recognizes the problem of citing non-final work - we are there - css as additional namespace we could use better color descriptions for example.
Patrick: Regina is now working on line height, shadow, border -
Patrick: Regina - reference to CSS would improve over reference to xsl
Patrick: Michael - agrees we need our own implementation
Andreas J Guelzow: Patrick - I am on the call now
Patrick: thanks Andreas
Patrick: Regina - using CSS in ODF would look different than in a browser
Patrick: See Regina's second email
Patrick: Michael - should add the attribute, either by reference or creating the text - will the Candidate Rec be finished before ODF 1.4?
Patrick: Regina - Q - better to write our own text and when at end of ODF 1.4 - look to see if CSS3 is ready -
Patrick: Michael - could wait at first - and if not finished - then we start our own definition work
Patrick: Regina - can write our own text to make it easier to see
Patrick: Michael - then can compare to whatever CSS publishes
Patrick: Regina - will go forward with suggestions that we can discuss -
Patrick: Regina - we need to define line-height for ourselves -
Patrick: Same for border and shadow -
Patrick: If not in ODF - what version is affected? Michael
Patrick: Cleared affects field
Patrick: arrgh - set office-3891 through office-3889 to no affects version
Patrick: Gnumeric has box type chart - set to ODF 1.4 - assigned to Andreas
Patrick: subsequent authors - are captured here, implementations currently use it with this naming, changing would be a real burden (Michael)
Patrick: Patrick suggests closing the issue
Patrick: Regina wants to keep the language as is. for the reasons in comments in Jira - table language is about sort order - same for number language -
Patrick: Patrick suggests closing the issue
Regina Henschel: 20.172 ->20.174
Patrick: set to ODF 1.4 and resolved.
Patrick: Michael - we have marker
Patrick: Regina, as opposed to terminator
Patrick: ?
Patrick: Regina, can use marker but note in other standards it is called termminator
Patrick: Regina, marker are only used at the ends of lines presently.
Patrick: Regina - illustration would help with these terms - check the ISO publication
Patrick: defer until next week -
Patrick: adjourned -

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)