Subject: chat notes for 20 August 2018

Greetings!

Our chat notes for today.

Next meeting: September 10, 2018.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

Andreas J Guelzow: Are we having a meeting on Sept. 3 (Labour day in Canada)?
Andreas J Guelzow: I will not be able to make the August 27th meeting.
Patrick: Alfred Hellstern - taking over from Rich McLain , Rich McLain is also here
Patrick: Hellstern - MS for 28 years, localization, switching tracks to work in standardization
Michael Stahl: oh, i'm probably not around next week either (27th)
Patrick: add calendaring issues for next meeting - add to agenda
Patrick: agenda is approved -
Patrick: Labor day in US and Canada are both on the 3rd of September
Patrick: Michael won't be here on the 27th - Andreas won't be here either -
Patrick: Suggest that we skip Aug. 27th and Sept. 3rd meetings - Next meeting would be September 10th - 2018
Patrick: Agreed to skip Aug. 27th and Sept. 3rd meetings - next meeting - September 10, 2018
Patrick: applications don't follow CSS and/or do line-height consistently, so we need tighter definitions in hopes of more common application behavior
Patrick: Q: set to ODF 1.4? Assign to Regina for proposal?
Patrick: Rich - as part of proposal - definition of line-height will be?
Patrick: Regina - yes
Patrick: Regina - see the examples - some will be implementor defined - can come back and discuss it
Patrick: Regina has made test documents and will post them to the mailing list
Patrick: Opened OFFICE-3997, set to ODF 1.4, assigned to Regina
Patrick: House-keeping issue? Regina suggests: Add functions ISFILTERED, ISVISIBLE and ISHIDDEN

And empty the "Affects Version" field.
Patrick: Andreas - does anyone have these functions?
Patrick: Andreas - there are problems with having several views of files as part of the file
Patrick: Updated the title, removed affects version
Patrick: On OFFICE-1122
Patrick: Gnumeric has this but hasn't written a proposal -
Patrick: Regina - clear the affects field
Patrick: Office-653 - set affects field to empty
Patrick: Michael - clear affects field
Patrick: Clear affects field for Office-645
Patrick: Objections to closing Office-550?
Patrick: Office-550 closed.

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net