Subject: Re: Push on https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3940

Thorsten,

Thanks!

Although an extension to the manifest file, the current language of 3.2
Manifest seems to capture all we need say about encryption, with its
reference to chapter 4.

For the additional markup in the manifest file, suggest it follow 4.7
<manifest:key-derivation> which will make 4.8 Manifest Attributes into
4.9 Manifest Attributes

4.8 OpenPGP Support

4.8.1 OpenPGP General

OpenPGP encryption, based on XML Encryption Syntax and Processing
Version 1.1, offers an alternative to the encryption methods specified
in ODF 1.2.

4.8.2 OpenPGP Elements

4.8.2.1 <manifest:encrypted-key>

4.8.2.2 <manifest:encryption-method>

4.8.2.3 <manifest:keyinfo>

4.8.2.4 <manifest:PGPData>

4.8.2.5 <manifest:PGPKeyPacket>

4.8.2.6 <manifest:CipherData>

4.8.2.7 <manifest:CipherValue>

I could not work out a nesting of sub elements that matched the schema
and the rules for sub-lists, sorry.

Does that work for you? Depending on when you have time to respond, I
may drop part 2 with a note this is pending. Signs of visible progress
and all that.

Thanks!

Hope you are having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Do cc the TC so that all this gets captured somewhere. Thanks!

On 10/03/2018 10:47 AM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> Would it be possible for you to give me a quick push on that? I can keep
>> a placeholder that it needs to be inserted but I'd rather have some
>> editable prose.
>>
> Sure, happy to! Since you're probably much better aquainted with the
> prose - could you point me to some paragraph this would fit under, so
> I can tune dictum & content to the context?
>
> Cheers, Thorsten

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net