Subject: Chat long for ODF TC call 15 Oct 2018

Greetings!

The ODF TC chat log for 15 Oct. 2018.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*****

5. COSM editing update - new drafts later this week

6. Issues for 15 October 2018: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=10&day=15&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

While searching for ODF 1.2 errata issues, I discovered these open ODF 1.2 issues, which we should dispose of as part of our errata process:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.2%20Errata%2001%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC

Starting with Office-3678 Clarification needed for draw:escape-direction

7. Next meeting: 22 October 2018

8.  Adjournment
Patrick: agenda approved by consent
Patrick: October 5th: new WDs (of Parts 2, 3 and 4 documentation and schemas) to be issued following initial reconciliation of all resolved issues in JIRA and all changes in the current WDs.
    October 19th: new WDs to be issued following reconciliation of documentation changes versus schema changes.
    November 16th: new WDs to be issued following proof-reading of entire text for editorial/style consistency.
    December 7th: new WDs to be issued following auto-generation of text from schemas and auto-generation of tables of contents and indexes.
Patrick: COSM editing update by Patrick - see the schedule posted in the chat.
Patrick: By November 16th drafts, include any new edits requested by the TC for ODF 1.3.
Patrick: "auto: the connection line may leave in all four directions from a drawing object."
Patrick: That's the text from ODF 1.3 - current draft
Patrick: Do we need a separate issue for ODF 1.3?
Patrick: Separately, what fix do we suggest?
Patrick: Michael suggests it could say "any direction" instead of "leave in all four directions"
Patrick: Also involves Office-3671 - a feature that is not yet in ODF 1.3
Patrick: Patrick - Office-3671 -> Office-3677
Patrick: Regina: for errata -  "auto: the connection line may leave in any of the four directions from a drawing object."
Patrick: or "auto: the connection line may leave in any direction from a drawing object."
Patrick: Regina, in ODF 1.2, there are only four directions, left, right, up and down.
Patrick: "auto: the connection line may be up, down, left or right from a drawing object"
Patrick: use "auto: the connection line may be up, down, left or right from a drawing object" for ODF 1.2 errata.
Patrick: use "auto: the connection line may be up, down, left or right from a drawing object" for current drafts of ODF 1.3. - Patrick to create new Jira issue to track for ODF 1.3.
Patrick: so, "atm" ("at") becomes "atm" ?
Patrick: Michael - if we remove the unit, does that make existing documents with "at" invalid?
Patrick: Andreas - do refer to unit names that are implementation specific
Patrick: will create error rather than wrong value - Regina
Patrick: so, remove ("at") for ODF 1.2 errata; Patrick create issue for ODF 1.3 with the same resolution

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau