Subject: ODF TC chat notes

Greetings!

My regular mailer decided this was spam and so would not send it. :-( Not at all sure why but who knows with spam blockers.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

********

Patrick: quorum

Patrick: Agenda approved by consent

Patrick: Office-4005 - more discussion ?

Patrick: Regina - question is how to put in consumers that are not able to evaluate non-integers

Patrick: how should consumer behave? put in a note - what does consumer do? round, produce error, etc.

Patrick: Don't know at this time what the response should be

Patrick: Current LO produces error for negative values

Patrick: So does Apache OpenOffice

Patrick: Gnumeric - returns results for negative numbers - not clear what is being done or if it is correct - Andreas - no reason for excluding non-negative numbers - reasonably defined for any order

Patrick: Andreas - need to determine how to formulate this.

Patrick: Regina - would like an error if consumer can't process the input

Patrick: But negative values should be allowed.

Patrick: Regina - perhaps no constraints at all on value but sentence for consumers if they can't calculate a particular order

Patrick: Pending further discussion.

Patrick: ODF Adoption Project

Patrick: In late March 2019, OASIS will make a major public announcement of our Open Project program (so far, it's only been announced to our members). As part of the public announcement, we will highlight a select group of high-profile projects. We'd like ODF Adoption to be one of them.

Here are some reasons to consider this:

It would be easier for ODF Adoption, as an Open Project, to engage the community in its work. Supporting organizations (CIB, IBM, Logius, etc.) would have positions on the project's Governing Board and exclusive marketing and visibility benefits; however, others in the community would be free to provide input and contribute without paying dues.

ODF Adoption deliverables would be OASIS-branded, but you would have more flexibility in terms of content, look and feel. OASIS will create a new ODF Adoption OP web page (linked from but not bound by the main OASIS site design). We'll also provide appropriate collaboration tools including a GitHub repository, JIRA issue tracking, archived email list, wiki, etc.

There would be no additional funding required for current OASIS Sponsors. Under normal circumstances, each Open Project will be funded by separate dues from its supporters; however, if we form an ODF Adoption Open Project as one of our program launch projects, OASIS will waive that fee for all current OASIS Sponsor members.

We're excited by the possibilities to advance ODF Adoption as an Open Project. If you're interested, we can provide more details via email or set up a call to discuss.

Patrick: Regina asked about the old adoption TC and its fate.

Patrick: Michael says Thorsten may be interested -

Patrick: Not of burning interest for TC members focused on technical work

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4003

Patrick: open, resolved 4003, cloned to 4008 for ODF 1.4

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4002

Patrick: The proposal: "Consistent usage in this specification and in the schema is for clarity. Instances of XML documents can employ any [xml-names]-admissable declarations of prefixes and default namespaces that accomplish binding of the listed namespaces."

Regina Henschel: This specification uses the prefixes defined in tables 1 and 2 when referring to elements and attributes in this specification. However, implementors may use any prefix, provided that there is a namespace declaration that binds the prefix to the IRI of the corresponding namespace.

Regina Henschel: That is from OpenDocument-v1.3-wd12-part3-documents-clean section 1.5

Patrick: Michael - the default namespace doesn't have a prefix

Patrick: part 2 - packages - Conforming OpenDocument documents may substitute other namespace prefixes, bound to the listed namespace URI's, in accordance with the Namespaces in XML specification [xml-names].

Patrick: conform namespace statements to be the same

Patrick: Keep first sentence in parts 2 and 3, then:  However, implementors can employ any [xml-names]-admissable declarations of prefixes and default namespaces that accomplish binding of the listed namespaces.

Patrick: In full, the new language in parts 2 and 3 would be:

This specification uses the prefixes defined in tables 1 and 2 when referring to elements and attributes in this specification. However, implementors can employ any [xml-names]-admissable declarations of prefixes and default namespaces that accomplish binding of the listed namespaces.

Patrick: Part 2 repeats the definitions of namespaces in part 3 - should we simply reference part 3

Patrick: 1.5 Namespaces -first sentence - not in part 3 - error in the text

Patrick: this specification is ambiguous - say for part 2

Regina Henschel: only dsig and ds is in part2

Regina Henschel: manifest and pkg is listed in part2 too

Patrick: Regina - manifest and listed in namespace list but not used anywhere

Patrick: Easier to make one list and be valid for all parts? Regina -

Patrick: Adreas, in individual parts so can be used independently -

Patrick: Michael - may instead can -

Michael Stahl: http://peiravi.profcms.um.ac.ir/imagesm/518/Standardization/ref2_isoiec-dir2ed6.0en.pdf

Michael Stahl: page 71

Patrick: have the permitted case not the able to - Michael

Patrick: Patrick will write up a clean proposal - to JIRA