Subject: Re: [office] 19.145 Table 10 - Enhanced Path Operators

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Durusau schrieb am 13-Dec-18 um 00:53:
Greetings!

In 19.145 we say that both commands and parameters can be separated by
whitespace characters (implying one or more) and that parameters can
also be separated by commas.

Francis has noticed that while we uniformly use single white space
separators Table 10 parameters, if you look at the description for the
command Q for example, the description has both whitespace and a comma:
(x, y), whereas command C, has no spaces at all: (x,y) and (x1,x2).

The notation in the column "Description" is not the syntax of the path but the mathematical notation of the coordinate-pair of a point. It does not matter whether it is (x,y) or (x, y). In theory you could even write (x;y) or (x|y) for a point, you need only be consistent. So both (x,y) and (x, y) are correct.

I suspect that either is correct but for consistency sake, we should
just use white space and/or "," everywhere in Table 10.

Any problems with that adaptation?

You can always use (x,y) instead of (x, y).

Kind regards
Regina