Subject: 19.600 definition of list

Greetings!

Francis asked if the fourth bullet item, list, is sufficiently defined:

"

  • cell-content-is-in-list(list), where list is one or more string entries, separated by â;â (U+003B, SEMICOLON), or an _expression_: true if the cell's content is in list.

"For example, can an entry in the list contain a semicolon? There may be a case for adding list to the list of value conditions defined later in this section."

We explicitly define an escape for the " mark (two such marks in succession) so my first blush opinion is there are no other defined escape characters for 19.600.

In 2018 there's nothing esp. remarkable about 19.600 and its capabilities.

Rather than write something better, should we consider importing the regex handling from XQuery? Deprecating this in ODF 1.4? Dropping it in some future version?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net