Subject: chat log for 1 April 2019

Greetings!

The ODF TC teleconference chat log follows.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*****

5. Issues for 01 April 2019

Office-4035 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4035 - expansion of reference in schema

Office-4034 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4034 - remove attribute that only appears on foreign elements from schema

[housekeeping issues from Regina, thanks!]

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3667

Currently not included in ODF 1.3

Proposal: Adapt the grammar in section "5.2 Basic Expressions"

by changing

  FunctionName Whitespace* '(' ParameterList ')'

  FunctionName '(' ParameterList ')'

If not possible for ODF 1.3, then set to ODF 1.4.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3745

Proposal exists. Set to ODF 1.4.

(I thought we have talked about it, but do not find it in the chat logs.)

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2089

change Fix Version/s to 'ODF Later'.

No one has worked on it until now.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2120

remove 'ODF1.3 CSD 01' from Fix Version/s

No one has worked on it until now.

Current assignee is no longer active.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2124

change Fix Version/s to 'ODF Later'.

Belongs to change tracking.

Current assignee is no longer active.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2164

We had decided, to add the function in ODF 1.3, but missed that.

Next try with ODF 1.4?

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2735

Obsolete. ODF 1.1 and its Errata 01 is published.

Close issue.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2736

Obsolete. ODF 1.1 and its Errata 01 is published.

Close issue.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3709

Remove 'ODF 1.3 CSD 01' from Fix Versions.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3733

set to ODF Later

6. Next iteration of ODF drafts - O1 April 2019 - Questions/suggestions appreciated

7. Next meeting: 08 April 2019

8.  Adjournment
Patrick: agenda approved
Regina Henschel: text:reference-ref
Patrick: <rng:choice>
          <rng:name>text:reference-ref</rng:name>
          <rng:name>text:bookmark-ref</rng:name>
        </rng:choice>
Patrick: Office-4035 - approved
Patrick: propose to remove from schema and the text as well
Patrick: Michael - have we ever removed anything before? Could someone argue it is not backwards compatible?
Patrick: choice is to remove now or remove in ODF 2.0, where backwards compatibility isn't warranted
Patrick: Regina - can try to remove it, then on public review, we can put it back -
Patrick: Michael, a corner case, not connected to anything else in the schema - that's why we can remove it. - only affects foreign elements
Patrick: Office-4034 - approved - remove from text and the schema -
Patrick: For calculation purposes, whitespace is ignored unless it is inside the contents of string constants or text surrounded by single quotes. Evaluators shall ignore any whitespace characters before and/or after any operators, constant numbers, constant strings, constant errors, inline arrays, parentheses used for controlling precedence, and the closing parenthesis of a function call. Whitespace shall be ignored following the initial equal sign(s). Whitespace shall be ignored just before a function name, but whitespace shall not separate a function name from its initial opening parenthesis. Whitespace shall not be used in the interior of a terminating grammar rule (a rule that references no other rule other than character sets, internally or externally-defined), unless specifically permitted by the terminating grammar rule, since these rules define the lexical properties of a component. Evaluators shall not write formulas with whitespace embedded in any unquoted identifier, constant Number, or constant Error.  Evaluators shall treat SPACE (U+0020), CHARACTER TABULATION (U+0009), LINE FEED (U+000A), and CARRIAGE RETURN (U+000D) as whitespace characters.
Patrick: Michael is right, would not be a substantive change -
Patrick: Office-3667 - approved for ODF 1.3
Patrick: set to resolved and set to ODF 1.4
Patrick: Michael - difficult to get mime type changed?
Patrick: Patrick to check on mime types and changes - by next meeting
Patrick: LO uses the other mime type that isn't registered at IANA - for ODF 1.2 -
Patrick: adjourned - 13:00

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net