Subject: Notes from ODF TC teleconference 15 July 2019

Greetings!

The chat notes from our meeting on 15 July 2019 are below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

********

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
anonymous morphed into Patrick
Patrick: Quorum!
Patrick: Add - part 2, draft 7 as per Michael's request
Patrick: Patrick to upload - after the meeting
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3867

  related to: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3708 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3702

Incorrect URL for XMLDsig - support both but produce only the correct one going forward?

Bad Directory Link:

[Regina] in ODF1.3 part3, section D4 'Further Guidelines' is the text:
"Additional, non-normative Accessibility Guidelines are available at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/office-accessibility/guidelines. That more comprehensive document will be the up-to-date set of recommendations for what all OpenDocument applications should do in order to fully support accessibility."

The mentioned directory "guidelines" does not exists, but the current structure is
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/office-accessibility/
    v1.0/
        ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines-v1.0.html
        ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines-v1.0.odt
        ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines-v1.0.pdf
        cd01/
        cd02/
        cs01/

My suggestion is, to add the directory "guidelines" and move the three current files into it, and keep directory v1.0 with the three subdirectories.

That way, in case these documents are updated, the links in the specification need not be changed. I think, that is better than changing the links in the specification to the current structure.
[/Regina]

Typos:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4044

duplicate "than"

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3871

mis-placed "/?

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3868

update mime type reference in text

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4043

remove references to non-existing part5

Status update:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3667

Michael and Regina note applied in text but status not updated. wd-10-08-part4

Michael notes:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3428 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3034 have status "applied" when they should either say ODF-Later or close.

Open:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3940

6. Next meeting: 22 July 2019
Patrick: Email from Michael:
Patrick: apparently this was previously discussed...

[office] ODF Teleconference 15 August 2016 - chat log

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201608/msg00006.html

> Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3702
> Patrick: Close with no action, there is no benefit to using the correct
> URL - would cause unnecessary work and effort, plus possibly break prior
> applications -
> Jos van den Oever: Calligra uses '"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1";'
> Jos van den Oever: but not sha256
the situation is that the URL is for SHA256 is incorrect, but OpenOffice.org writes this incorrect URL since 2011 and thus all existing ODF 1.2 documents that make use of SHA256 have this incorrect URL... this is unfortunate but it's a bit late to prevent it now.

(LibreOffice can consume the correct URL in addition to the incorrect one since 2016, 1015d35f2362953f415804476037d4f162eb49b5)

we could either leave this as it is, or require that consumers recognize the correct URL in addition to the incorrect one.

(note that producers and consumers are technically allowed to use any URL they please anyway by the schema.)
Patrick: Micheal - is use the correct URL, limits interoperability
Patrick: Close and move onward
Patrick: Bad directory link confirmed
Patrick: Patrick to contact TC Admin about adding guidelines to the URL - and moving v1.0 files as appropriate. - symlink to make http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/office-accessibility/ resolve to http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/office-accessibility/guidelines
Patrick: What would be interesting is to be able to do is the following:
Letting the formula's be calculated with a formula engine.
Saving the cells values with a calculated value attribute and formula
engine attribute.
Calculate the formulas with another formula engine.
Saving also the new values with a calculated value attribute and
formula engine attribute.
Patrick: Andreas - no point in going down this road at the moment
Patrick: same issue, closed.
Patrick: updated earlier today
Michael Stahl: OFFICE-3578 OFFICE-3414
Patrick: Office-3414 now open and set to ODF-Later
Patrick: check on missing entries in Appendix H - reminder

- Andreas will be out next week.

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net