Subject: Re: test of solution for part 4 of ODF

Hi Patrick and all,

This is a very useful improvement - rendering the "cross-references" as live hypertext links in the XHTML version.

I'm using "cross-reference" instead of your term "cross-link", since the user interface in the document processing software uses "cross-reference".

This is a very welcome advance. It's usually easier for document authors to insert a "cross-reference" to some existing document element than to separately create a "bookmark" and then insert a hyperlink to it (which was necessary in order to generate a hyperlink after translation to HTML/XHTML). This makes it significantly easier for authors to create hyperlinked works now.

I should point out that this is not a capability which Microsoft Office (Word) currently offers.

Congratulations to the ODF team and Francis Cave!

I'll finish with a reminder that we (speaking for OASIS TC Administration) do not alter or replace published Work Products (such as the ODF v1.3 CSPRD01 stage currently in public review) once they are released. Of course we will be happy to publish revised versions as CSPRD02, etc.

Best regards,
Paul