OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: ODF Agenda for 27 January 2020


Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2020-01-27

Time of meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=1&day=27&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 712 770 5505

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.


1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 13 January 2020 (below)

4. Editorial issues with Committee Specification, ODF 1.3

Meta issue: Regina asks how to treat the following errors in the current Committee Specification. (Initial suggestion: That except for editorial nits such as double spaces, new JIRA issues be created as clones of the existing issues so we can cleanly track their resolution and application. by Patrick)

Part 2 (Regina Henschel reporting, https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00009.html)

In part 2, section 4.16.9: The text lists the value PGP, but that is not 
contained in the generated text in the gray box.

In part 2, section The text has version "1.2", but the 
generated text in the gray box has "1.3"

Response by Francis Cave, https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00010.html

Part 3 (Alfred Hellstern and Francis Cave reporting, respectively, https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00006.html

Office-3662 - chart:interpolation - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3662 Regina's email: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00016.html

Part 4 (Regina Henschel reporting)

Office-3667 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3667 Regina's email: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00012.html

Office-3766 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3766 Regina's email: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202001/msg00015.html

5. Adjournment


Notes from 13 Jan. 2020

Andreas J Guelzow: When trying to call in I get "All circuit a busy now,
please try your call later"
Michael Stahl: works for me, how expensive is dialing german number for
you ï
anonymous morphed into Alfred Hellstern
Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
anonymous morphed into Patrick
Patrick: Apologies but both my land line and cellphone are unable to
connect to the dial-in number, we have had very bad weather today.
Patrick: For role purposes, I see Alfred, Andreas, Michael, Regina + myself
Patrick: Is Francis on the call but not in the chat?
Andreas J Guelzow: Patrick, dial-in worked for me now... perhaps you
should try again.
Patrick: Ok,
Regina Henschel: I have heard Rich, but not Francis.
Patrick: Still no joy or connection
Patrick: adding Rich to attendance
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 16 December 2019 (below)

4. Congratulations! ODF 1.3 is now a Committee Specification!

5. Next Steps:

"After the approval of a Committee Specification, and after three
Statements of Use referencing the Committee Specification have been
presented to the TC, a TC may resolve by Special Majority Vote to submit
the Committee Specification as a Candidate OASIS Standard. At least one
of the Statements of Use must come from an OASIS Organizational Member.
The TC may decide to withdraw the submission, by Special Majority Vote,
at any time until the final approval. The chair shall submit the request
for the Special Majority Vote using the request mechanism designated by
the OASIS TC Administrator."

Statement of Use defined:

6. Adjournment
Patrick: I amended the agenda to correct ODF 1.4 in my email to ODF 1.3
Patrick: Other corrections or amendments? - I'll keep trying the phone
from time to time
Patrick: Hearing no suggestion or correction - agenda approved
Patrick: Approval of the minutes of 16 December 2019 ? corrections or
Regina Henschel: No corrections for me.
Patrick: By consent, the minutes of 16 December 2019 are approved
Patrick: No action but congratulations on ODF 1.3! I think due to all
your work, we are ready to be more orderly and timely towards future
Patrick: 5. Next steps
Patrick: The statements of use have changed since the last time this was
done for ODF, the new section reads: "Statement of Use", with respect to
a Committee Specification or Project Specification, is a written
statement that a party has successfully used or implemented that
specification in accordance with all or some of its conformance clauses,
identifying those clauses that apply, and stating whether its use
included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations. The
Statement of Use must be made to a specific version of the Specification
and must include the Specification's approval date. The party may be an
OASIS Member or a non-member. In case of a non-member, the Statement of
Use must be submitted via the Technical Committee's or Project Governing
Board's comment facility. A TC or PGB may require a Statement of Use to
include hyperlinks to documents, files or demonstration transcripts that
enable the committee's members to evaluate the implementation or usage.
A Statement of Use submitted to the TC or PGB must be approved by TC
Resolution or PGB action as an acceptable Statement of Use with respect
to the Specification. A party can only issue one Statement of Use for a
given specification. When issued by an OASIS Organizational Member, a
Statement of Use must be endorsed by the Organizational Member's Primary
Patrick: Yeah, I know, not a simple walk in the park.
Regina Henschel: How can we get _three_ Statements of Use?
Patrick: The date of the specification of ODF 1.3 is January 10, 2020.
Patrick: The statements are not required to be from members, that is we
can solicit statements of use from non-members. ONE statement of use has
to be from an organizational member of OASIS
Michael Stahl: for LibreOffice we can get one per oasis member, that
means one for TDF, one for CIB, one for Collabora...
Andreas J Guelzow: but have you really: "a party has successfully used
or implemented that specification in accordance with all or some of its
conformance clauses"
Michael Stahl: for ODF Toolkit we could get one from TDF, or even one
from Svante (he's an individual member IIRC)
Michael Stahl: Andreas: not yet, but there's a TDF tender to do that...
Michael Stahl: WebODF is also an implementation to consider, although i
don't know much about it
Regina Henschel: Does TDF, CIB, Collabora count as different, although
all are based on LibreOffice?
Patrick: I think it is separate parties, even if they have a common code
Michael Stahl: that is a good question; i don't read it as requiring
independent implementations
Michael Stahl: it says "stating whether its use included the
interoperation of multiple independent implementations" ... so i guess
the statements could all answer "no" to this question
Patrick: Michael, I will put that question to the TC Admin - Patrick
Patrick: Would it help to have a template statement of use for office
Regina Henschel: Is Microsoft going to implement ODF 1.3 in the near future?
Michael Stahl: in any case i'm in contact with Svante and it's quite
possible that ODF Toolkit/ODFDOM will be upgraded to 1.3
Patrick: Alfred/Rich, I assume you will have to get back to us on MS and
ODF 1.3?
anonymous morphed into Thorsten
Andreas J Guelzow: Gnumeric will of course be updated to 1.3 but it is
not clear how long that will take.
Alfred Hellstern: Microsoft is going to implement 1.3 once it becomes an
ISO standard.
Thorsten: Patrick: yeah - a template would definitely be helpful
Michael Stahl: btw for ODF 1.2 there were statements of implementation
from Oracle, IBM and Novell, all for OOo derived products
Michael Stahl:
Patrick: Thorsten - ok, will take a stab at a template for next week,
possibly earlier
Patrick: Michael - I wonder since conformance to some of the clauses is
required and that ODF 1.3 is a superset of ODF 1.2, if current
implementations of 1.2 can claim use statements for sub-part of ODF 1.3?
Patrick: That way we can piggy-back on current implementations more
quickly than awaiting full ODF 1.3 implementations
Michael Stahl: Patrick: i don't know... i guess you can't claim to be a
Producer of ODF 1.3 - that requires the matching version attributes -
but maybe you can be a Consumer of ODF 1.3 if you can consume the ODF
1.2 subset?
Patrick: I suspect I should ask before we rely on my speculation, I was
just thinking of a way to move more quickly on use statements.
Patrick: Let me check on that with the TC Admin - Patrick by next week.
Patrick: OK, on the statements of use: Patrick to create a test template
by next week, earlier if possible; Patrick to ask TC Admin about 1)
Common code base for different implementations, 2) Conformance to
sub-set of features for quicker use statements - Anything else?
Patrick: Any other items to discuss today?
Patrick: Alfred to post editorial errata with ODF 1.3.
Patrick: Adjourned

Patrick Durusau
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net
Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau 

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]