Subject: Re: [office] Notes from ODF Teleconference 11 May 2020

hi Patrick,

On 11.05.20 19:05, Patrick Durusau wrote:
Added: 6: Holiday reminders for May 2020:

No meeting May 18th - Queen Victoria

No meeting May 25th - Memorial Day
there's another public holiday here next week on June 1st ...
a. QNAME error in manifest schema Michael Stahl)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202004/msg00016.html

Now reads (incorrect)

<rng:data type="QName">
 ÂÂÂÂÂ <rngaram name="pattern">[^:[^</rngaram>
 ÂÂÂ </rng:data>

Should read:

<rng:data type="QName">
Correction (thanks Michael)ÂÂÂÂÂ <rngaram
name="pattern">[^+:[^+</rngaram>
 ÂÂÂ </rng:data>

Michael notes this is correct in the document schema but not here. I'll
try to check with Chet before our meeting on correcting as editing error.

Added: Chet reports we should file a request for errata, which will
trigger him searching for an easier way to make this fix. (as per Patrick)

7. Adjournment

Patrick: Oasis errata process -
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#errata
Patrick: Michael notes not an OASIS standard so errata process doesn't fit
Patrick: Question becomes how to avoid creating a new specification in
order to fix a schema error
Patrick: Perhaps better, we don't have a light weight way to fix minor
errors without a new specification -
Patrick: heavy solution - new specification - alternative solution --
ask Chet-
Patrick: Michael, if nothing faster, then do another specification -
Patrick: Svante - need a flow chart of the defect process - defect
report at a certain stage
Patrick: Patrick - will have answer on process at least, perhaps not the
chart, by 11 May meeting

... is there any status update on this errata process?

do we need to do anything to initiate it?

how long should we expect it to take?

if a vote is needed, can we do it before the next meeting?

regards,

Âmichael

PS: implementation of ODF 1.3 for LibreOffice 7.0 is almost finished, and the ODF Toolkit can validate ODF 1.3, if you want to try it you can use

https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/extern/odfvalidator-0.9.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies-2726ab578664434a545f8379a01a9faffac0ae73.jar

and daily builds from

https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/

--
Michael Stahl
Senior Software-Entwickler LibreOffice
âââ
CIB software GmbH
GeschÃftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
âââ
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -296
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100
Michael.Stahl@cib.de
www.cib.de
âââ
Sitz: MÃnchen
Registergericht MÃnchen, HRB 123286
GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner