Subject: Re: [office] Notes from ODF Teleconference 11 May 2020

Hello Patrick,Â

In case you have missed Michael email, let me second, rephrase and extend it:
  1. Next Monday is a German Holiday, so we likely will have no TC call.
  2. What is the status of the OASIS errata process of the manifest RNG?
    It might make sense to put the TC on CC when contacting OASIS on this behalf, so we are in theÂloop.
    As Michael stated:
    • Do we need to do anything to initiate it?
    • How long should we expect it to take?
    • If a vote is needed, can we do it before the next meeting? ÂÂ
  3. I would like to add to the agenda of the next meeting to agree on further editorial changes (as long it does not delay our ODF 1.3 release).
  4. After two meetings attended, I should be a voting member, right?Â
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=officeÂ
Best regards,
SvanteÂ

Am Mo., 25. Mai 2020 um 10:54ÂUhr schrieb Michael Stahl <Michael.Stahl@cib.de>:
hi Patrick,

On 11.05.20 19:05, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Added: 6: Holiday reminders for May 2020:
>
> No meeting May 18th - Queen Victoria
>
> No meeting May 25th - Memorial Day
there's another public holiday here next week on June 1st ...
> a. QNAME error in manifest schema Michael Stahl)
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202004/msg00016.html
>
> Now reads (incorrect)
>
> <rng:data type="QName">
>Â ÂÂÂÂÂ <rngaram name="pattern">[^:[^</rngaram>
>Â ÂÂÂ </rng:data>
>
> Should read:
>
> <rng:data type="QName">
> Correction (thanks Michael)ÂÂÂÂÂ <rngaram
> name="pattern">[^+:[^+</rngaram>
>Â ÂÂÂ </rng:data>
>
> Michael notes this is correct in the document schema but not here. I'll
> try to check with Chet before our meeting on correcting as editing error.
>
> Added: Chet reports we should file a request for errata, which will
> trigger him searching for an easier way to make this fix. (as per Patrick)
>

> 7. Adjournment
>
> Patrick: Oasis errata process -
> https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#errata
> Patrick: Michael notes not an OASIS standard so errata process doesn't fit
> Patrick: Question becomes how to avoid creating a new specification in
> order to fix a schema error
> Patrick: Perhaps better, we don't have a light weight way to fix minor
> errors without a new specification -
> Patrick: heavy solution - new specification - alternative solution --
> ask Chet-
> Patrick: Michael, if nothing faster, then do another specification -
> Patrick: Svante - need a flow chart of the defect process - defect
> report at a certain stage
> Patrick: Patrick - will have answer on process at least, perhaps not the
> chart, by 11 May meeting

... is there any status update on this errata process?

do we need to do anything to initiate it?

how long should we expect it to take?

if a vote is needed, can we do it before the next meeting?

regards,

ÂÂmichael

PS: implementation of ODF 1.3 for LibreOffice 7.0 is almost finished,
and the ODF Toolkit can validate ODF 1.3, if you want to try it you can use

https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/extern/odfvalidator-0.9.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies-2726ab578664434a545f8379a01a9faffac0ae73.jar

and daily builds from

https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/

--
Michael Stahl
Senior Software-Entwickler LibreOffice
âââ
CIB software GmbH
GeschÃftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
âââ
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -296
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100
Michael.Stahl@cib.de
www.cib.de
âââ
Sitz: MÃnchen
Registergericht MÃnchen, HRB 123286
GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner