OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: ODF TC agenda for 15 June 2020


Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2020-06-15

Time of meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=6&day=15&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 712 770 5505

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.


1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 8 June 2020 (below)

4. ODF Later issues (Preference to current TC members and cycling
through their issues so no one is on the spot for all of them in a
meeting), btw, limiting the search to open/deferred issues counts 134:

5. Resolving the manifest schema issue without another public review. Specify to the TC admin that the only change is reflected in 
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4046, which was not an ODF TC decision but a clerical omission. Starts another electronic ballot on approval as TC Specification. 

6. Roadmap from either our current draft or csd03 (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/67286/odf1.3-csd03.zip) to OASIS standard (Svante asked about this and there is no useful graphic from OASIS that captures the process. The attached document is itself a summary of the steps, with several unlisted paths.)

7. BTW, some questions have been asked about the completeness of minutes of our meetings. At the start of every call I ask if there are changes or additions. Even better would be to enter any corrections while the meeting is ongoing. I'm not shy about sharing the chat room! 

8. Other issues?

9. Adjournment


Changes or additions welcome!

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!



Patrick: We have quorum.
Patrick: Agenda - approved by consent
Patrick: Minutes from 11 May 2020 - approved by consent -
Patrick: 5. Holidays for the rest of 2020 - 2021
Patrick: US Labor Day - 7 September 2020
Patrick: Columbus 12 Oct 2020
Michael Stahl: none in DE for rest of 2020
Patrick: 22 Nov. 2020 - for Thanksgiving
Patrick: 21st and 28th of December
Patrick: 7 Sept, 12 Oct, 22 Nov -
Patrick: Holidays thus far for 2020 7 Sept., 12 Oct., 23 Nov., 28th Dec. -
Patrick: Approved by consent
Patrick: 6. Github - odf -
Patrick: who to list maintainers?
Svante Schubert: Some from the TC, Michael and I might volunteer ï
Svante Schubert: Because we are using GitHub for ODF toolkit
Svante Schubert: And I would suggest to name the reprository odf-tc or
odftc. As it is related to ODF and TC the TC makes sense in the default
Svante Schubert: I stumbled over another example:
The repro name here is ecma262.
Patrick: Svante and Michael Stahl as maintainers - volunteers
Svante Schubert: "odf-tc"
Patrick: with no objection odf-tc
Patrick: Regina - wants something for tools - xslt - scripts -
Svante Schubert: Regina: We want something for tools.
Patrick: under the top level repository - tools
Svante Schubert: Michael and me come up with a directory structure
suggestion for GitHub
Patrick: To post to mailing list for discussion
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073
Patrick: (there is a typo in the agenda, 4047 should read: office-4074)
Patrick: Sorry, not an error at all!
Regina Henschel: page-content-bottom determines a base for the value
given by "from-top" of 20.397
Patrick: office-4073 for - ODF 1.4 accepted
Michael Stahl: loext:vertical-rel in schema proposal has wrong namespace
Patrick: opened in JIRA, awaiting draft from Regina
Patrick: Accepted and awaiting final proposal
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4047
Patrick: default should be set to true
Svante Schubert: The default value true should be added.
Patrick: Svante - need to define what overlapping means?
Svante Schubert: The semantic of 'overlapping' might be a good to define
more precisly (with examples)
Regina Henschel: 20.181
Patrick: in ODF 1.3
Svante Schubert:
Patrick: Office-4047 for ODF 1.4 - accepted - specific proposal to
follow on mailing list
Patrick: Empty cell discussion - deferred because Andreas is absent -
note for tracking.
Patrick: Status update regarding ODF 1.3 manifest schema issue
Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4046
Michael Stahl: i don't think it's required for us to fix this in ODF 1.3
because this pattern is only used by one attribute and i'm not aware of
an application that uses a value corresponding to this QName pattern
Michael Stahl: the attribute is manifestïreferred-view-mode
Patrick: Ascertain status on adoption of ODF 1.3 for next week -
Michael Stahl: PowerPoint supports the value "presentation-slide-show"
which is separate from QName pattern


Patrick Durusau
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net
Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau 

Attachment: OpenDocument-v1.3-csprd02-to-OASIS-Standard-two-pages.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]