Subject: ODF TC meeting notes - 22 June 2020

Greetings!

The notes from the ODF TCÂ meeting of 22 June 2020 follow below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

********

Patrick: We have quorum -
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 8 June 2020
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00023.html

4. ODF Later issues (Preference to current TC members and cycling
through their issues so no one is on the spot for all of them in a
meeting), btw, limiting the search to open/deferred issues counts 134:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20Deferred)%20AND%20fixVersion%20in%20(%22ODF%201.4%22%2C%20ODF-Next)%20ORDER%20BY%20reporter%20ASC
)

5. ODF 1.3 Roadmap

Alfred has been more than patient waiting for a relatively definite
answer on a timeframe for ODF 1.3 so I'm listing this first, along with
an explanation that builds on the summary I posted last week.

Allowing for TC Admin workflow and the falling of days, the process from
Committee Specification (We are now at OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-(the
parts)) to OASIS Standard is between 88 (optimistic) and 96 days.

Notice the 88 to 96 days starts to run after:

3 Statements of Use - One by an OASIS Organization member, of the form:

*******draft from Chet******

<if an Organizational Member>

confirm the following statement of use:

<statement of use>

<provider
Âname> has successfully implemented Open Document Format for Office
Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.3, Committee Specification 01,
approved 25 December 2019
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/cs01/part1-introduction/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-part1-introduction.html),
in accordance with the conformance clauses <details relating to
conformance, e.g. "defined
in Section XXX" or "for Drawing Documents as specified in
https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/cs01/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-part3-schema.html#__RefHeading__440354_826425813";>.

This use of the specification <did | did not> include interoperation
with other independent implementations.

*******/end statement of use draft **********

Admin notes:

If NOT an OASIS member, statement of use must be sent to:
office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

If OASIS member, statement of use must be sent to:
office@lists.oasis-open.org

If OASIS Organizational member (need at least one), must be endorsed by
the primary representative of that member.

****Statements of Use must be approved by TC Resolution (simple majority
vote to pass)****

Once the TC has approved three or more such statements of use, then:

1. Ask TC Admin for Special Majority Vote (7 days) to submit
OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-(the parts)) as Candidate OASIS standard
(Triggers all the following dates)

2. Vote is held - (assuming passage)

3. TC Admin opens 60 day Public Review

4. If no comments, within 7 days of notice of no comments, TC Admin
starts call for consent

5. Call for consent is 14 days

6. OpenDocument-v1.3-OS-(the parts))

*******************

Questions?

6. Page-content-bottom vertical relation
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073 Notice Regina has an
updated proposal here:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00026.html

7. Other issues?

8. Adjournment
Patrick: Agenda - Add github access - as 7
Patrick: Agenda, with addition of github, is approved by consent
Svante Schubert: I might have already voting rights. okay!
Patrick: Minutes of June 8th - Svante has voting rights - approved by
consent
Svante Schubert: Patrick: Once we have the 3 statements of ODF 1.3 use,
we talk about 88 days to 96 days if nothing goes wrong (holidays) from
the day the TC votes to request as a candiate OASIS standard to the TC
admin.
Patrick: Regina - document foundation - is currently wording the
statement of use - when ready it has to go to the director - 40 days for
issuance
Patrick: 40 should be 14 -
Patrick: Friday next
Patrick: Michael - has delegated this to Thorsten - doesn't know the
status - will ping Thorsten - should have news by next Monday
Svante Schubert: The ODF Toolkit ODFDOM back-end server-application is
still working on ODF 1.3 support, with me as the maintainer, also hosted
by the TDF github domain (after coming from Apache incubator).
Svante Schubert: I will likely provide a statement as individual to save
time an as I am individual TC member
Patrick: Svante - will submit one in June
Patrick: Michael suggests asking Collabora for LibreOffice
Svante Schubert: Working on ODF 1.3 for quite a while.
Patrick: Michael will ask Thorsten about approaching Collabora
Patrick: by end of June or early July - 2020 - will have statements of use
Svante Schubert: Patrick: By end of June, early July we might have the
statement of use at the TC list
Regina Henschel:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/cs01/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-part3-schema.html#OpenDocument_Document
Svante Schubert:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/cs01/part4-formula/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs01-part4-formula.html#__RefHeading__1018916_7159801101
Michael Stahl: see 2.2.4Â OpenDocument Spreadsheet Document E) All
table:formula attribute values shall be a conforming OpenDocument
Formula expression [ODF1.3-Part-4ïpenFormula] 2.2 OpenDocument Formula
Expression.
Patrick: Reading part 3 - 2.2.4 E All table:formula attribute values
shall be a conforming OpenDocument Formula expression
[ODF1.3-Part-4ïpenFormula] 2.2 OpenDocument Formula Expression.
Patrick: should we list: 2.2.1 OpenDocument Document

2.2.3 OpenDocument Text Document

2.2.4 OpenDocument Spreadsheet Document
Patrick: if you don't support image document, it's not listed
Patrick: Francis - evaluator conformance - is separate from document
conformance
Patrick: Francis - in a statement of use - have implemented evaluator
conformance as well as document conformance -
Patrick: Then would know which group of expressions were implemented
Patrick: suggests drafts of statements of use before TC votes upon them
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073
Patrick: new proposal from Regina:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00026.html
Patrick: Alfred - page height - when does it change - paper size?
Michael Stahl10: sprry - have to leave
Patrick: If page orientation changes - Regina - 2 cm from the bottom
remains 2 cm from the bottom
Patrick: presently can only say from the top
Patrick: page content area - same as page?
Patrick: Regina - no, there is a page content area - set by the margins -
Svante Schubert: https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html
Svante Schubert: https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/box.html
Patrick: could fall off the page if set from the top, but you can only
set from top or from bottom
Patrick: page-content-bottom is the bottom of the text content area
Svante Schubert: ^^"content area" is being used in the CSS BOX model as
well.
Svante Schubert: Regina: All relative to the bottom of the content area
and not of the page.
Andreas Guelzow: I need to leave for a different meeting (that I chair).
Until next week.
Patrick: Regina - will write JIRA issues for the new issues she uncovered.
Patrick: github - ask email they want or use the roster email address

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau