Subject: Re: [office] Agenda for ODF TC teleconference 29 June 2020

Patrick,

Am Mo., 29. Juni 2020 um 16:03ÂUhr schrieb Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>:

Svante,

I agree with adding Regina's statement of use, perhaps before the other issues?

Yes.Â

As far as your #9:

  • ODT2XHTML XSL transformation that had been used for ODF 1.2
  • DefaultValueExtractor XSL transformation that had been used for ODF 1.2
  • An ODF 1.2 Formular testing spreadsheet from 14 years ago, which might need some further inspection, but Regina already volunteered to take a lookÃat it.

What do you mean by "DefaultValueExtractor?" that did what?

In ODF 1.2 we removed the XML default values from the RelaxNG grammar, AFAIR as XML parser/validators use to insert those defaults back into the XML and blowing up the content.
To be able to have still programmatic easy access to those values, we annotated them in our ODF 1.2 specification by certain template character styles, called "Default Value".
This character style got lost on its way to ODF 1.2.

The XSLT script I mentioned searches for that template style and if found, gathers information about the attribute and element the default value is specifiedÂand returns this data.
You can find the XSLT script in the ODF Toolkit XSLT-Runner (which allows executing XSLT on the zipped ODT document), see
https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/blob/1.0.0_SNAPSHOT/xslt-runner/src/test/resources/xslt/getAttributeDefaults.xslÂ
We have 373 default values in ODF, I have listed those values for code generation purposes here, starting from line 218:
https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/blob/1.0.0_SNAPSHOT/odfdom/src/codegen/resources/config.xml#L218ÂÂ

A good reason to be able to extract those values is to be certain that our human-readable and machine-readable specification is in synch.
In the future, it is likely that the human-readable part is generated from the machine-readable part to have the specification as the blueprint of software back aligned in modern CI/CD processes.

"Patrick, you might have some generator for the grey boxes of schema description in the specification.Ã Anyone who also some tooling should mention it and upload it either to a new directory"

Thanks to Francis Cave we have a new script that was used on ODF 1.3 to extract the schema information for the grey boxes. - Can upload.

Great!Â

Anything else?

My uncertainty was the reason to put this topic on the agenda.

We can switch them at the TC's pleasure but let's have specific items in mind.

Sure!Â

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

Igualmente, let's talk soon!
SvanteÂ

Patrick