Subject: RE: [office] Review of style use in ODF 1.3 specifications

Hi Svante

Regarding your suggestions:

  1. I have commented on OFFICE-4079, indicating how most of this issue can be resolved. I can raise a new JIRA issue, if that is appropriate, for the editorial tasks I think need to be carried out for ODF 1.4, but Iâve not raised a JIRA issue before and maybe someone with more experience could guide me through this the first time. 😊
  2. My review is preliminary because a detailed reading of the specification may reveal additional styling and formatting issues that I havenât spotted so far, e.g. where direct formatting is overriding named styles (I havenât checked direct formatting overrides). I attach a spreadsheet that contains a list of the named styles that are used in the drafts of Parts 2, 3 and 4 that I have reviewed (in case there are any oddities in this spreadsheet, I created it in Google Drive to share with Patrick, and have downloaded a copy just now).
  3. Well, Iâm not sure about this. My hope is that this task only has to be done once and never again! 😊 In that case the effort in fully automating the task may not be worthwhile. Global search-and-replace in LibreOffice may be quicker for changing paragraph styles, and global search-and-replace in Oxygen may be quicker for changing character and list styles.

Kind regards,

Francis

From: office@lists.oasis-open.org <office@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Svante Schubert
Sent: 06 July 2020 14:12
To: Francis Cave <francis@franciscave.com>
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Francis,

Thanks for the update! Allow me three follow-up questions & suggestions:

  1. How about adding those editing subtasks to JIRA, perhaps those to be fixed for ODF 1.3 CS02 becoming part of OFFICE-4079 and those for later as a new ODF 1.4 editorial issue.
  2. What makes your review preliminary?  What is missing? Could you point the documents you base your experiences from JIRA (and/or put your latest working draft to GitHub)?
  3. How about adding the automated tooling for changing the styles as part of the ODF-TC repo - these search & replace tasks should be done by automation.

Thanks for your help!

Talks to you soon!

Svante