Subject: Re: [office] Problems with Appendix in ODF 1.3

Hi Francis, hi Svante,

Francis Cave schrieb am 26-Aug-20 um 23:01:
Hi Regina

The reason there is a condition paragraph style 'Appendix Heading' in Part 3 is that it was definitely used in ODF 1.2, but was missing in recent drafts of ODF 1.3, so I recently reinstated it in Part 3, but not in other Parts. So, I must apologise for creating confusion.

I'm not completely convinced that conditional paragraph styles are a good idea, but they are a distinctive feature of ODF which is not, for example, in OOXML. They are tricky to set up, and also there is no conditional style for chapter headings, so just using them in the Appendices seems a little odd - but that was the situation in ODF 1.2.

"Promote" and "Demote" does not work in Word, neither with pure "outline level" & "numbering level" nor with "conditional style". So Word gives no reason to prefer one over the other.

Kind regards
Regina