Subject: Meeting notes from 28 September 2020

Greetings!

Our meeting notes from the ODF TC conference call on 28 September 2020
are below.

Highlight: Congratulations to Svante Schubert on his election as
co-chair of the ODF TC. I'll make the appropriate notices to the TC Admin.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

following down.
Patrick: Agenda with changes approved by consent
Patrick: Minutes of 21 September 2020 - approved by consent
Patrick: Co-chair of ODF TC status -
Patrick: Patrick nominate Svante as co-chair
Patrick: Andreas - we are seeking nominations for the co-chair of the TC
Andreas Guelzow: no nominations from me
Patrick: OK, thanks!
Patrick: No other nominations -
Andreas Guelzow: the system does not want to accept my access code...
Patrick: all those in favor of Svante being co-chair say or write aye
Alfred Hellstern: Aye
Andreas Guelzow: aye
Patrick: aye
Svante Schubert: aye
Michael Stahl: Andreas: try dialing from a different phone if available
e.g. mobile
Michael Stahl: aye
Regina Henschel: aye
Francis Cave: Aye
Andreas Guelzow: i already tried two
Patrick: Svante - is now co-chair of the ODF TC
Patrick: Congratulations to Svante
Svante Schubert: Thanks everyone! ï
Michael Stahl: Andreas: oh, its never been this bad for me
Patrick: 5. Update on change tracked version from ODF 1.2 to ODF 1.3
Patrick: reports on change tracking ODF 1.2 against the current version
of ODF 1.3 in the ODF 1.2 spec. - Done via LibreOffice -
Andreas Guelzow: I am on the call now (via the German call in number)
Patrick: Patrick will produce a change tracked using that approach
Patrick:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202009/msg00001.html
Patrick: Regina - should make an issue of it -
Patrick: Andreas - Gnumeric seems to be doing what the proposal does
Patrick1: reconnected
Patrick1: Open issue, send email to poster with issue number
Patrick1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4093
Patrick1: open - is this a material change? - suggest not - was
consistent in earlier draft - must be 1.2 everywhere -
Patrick1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4022
Svante Schubert4:
https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.3/csd03/OpenDocument-v1.3-csd03-part3-schema.html#__RefHeading__1418814_253892949
Patrick1: Regina - other places have openformula 1.2 - set to ODF 1.4
Patrick1: Andreas - formulas are meant for spreadsheets -
Patrick1: Regina says for after date would be in open formula syntax
Patrick1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4021
Patrick1: Regina - still work to be done on templates - may not happen
in 1.4.
Patrick1: Regina set to ODF 1.4 -
Patrick1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4020
Patrick1: is exclusive a typo - Francis compares to other end positions
attributes all of which say inclusive
Patrick1: Regina - need an example with a document in a meaningful way.
Patrick1: Open - set ODF 1.4
Patrick1: Andreas says people normally copy-n-paste
Patrick1: looks deliberate
Patrick1: Adjourned

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)