Subject: ODF TC Conference Call - 5 October 2020

Greetings!

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2020-09-28

Time of meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=10&day=5&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 712 770 5505

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.

Agenda
------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 28 September 2020
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202009/msg00059.html

4. Issue with time calculation: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094

Public Review announced 14 Sept. 2020, issue received on 15 Sept. 2020, which clearly makes it an issue for ODF 1.3 csd03.

We must:

"The TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments received, and post to its primary e-mail list its disposition of each comment after the end of the review period."

It's clearly a material comment but the question is do we wish to fix it now?

If it helps, notice that after I posted drafts with change tracking fixed, the original language has crept back into csd03.

See https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3873 The appropriate fix is:

"The under-specification of change tracking in ODF 1.2 resulted in varying implementations of this feature. Where interoperability between implementations is required, this feature should be checked for interoperability." That appeared in OpenDocument-v1.3-wd10-part3-documents.odt

How the earlier language returned I do not know.

We could fix the time and change tracking at the same time, although those would both be material changes. Best to get both of them at the same time.

5. "New Issues" Regina forwarded this link to the mailing list that captures all issues marked "new," that is the TC needs to accept, close or otherwise dispose of them. The default order is from the most recent
to the oldest and unless someone has a preference for a particular issue, I suggest we take them up in that order.
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3688?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20issuetype%20in%20(Bug%2C%20Improvement%2C%20%22New%20Feature%22)%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20EMPTY

6. Other business?

7. Adjournment.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau