Subject: Next steps questions for ODF 1.3

Paul,

1) The TC has discovered that in the most recent public review, section
5.5.1 General of part 3 read:

"The under-specification of change tracking in ODF 1.2 resulted in a
number of different choices being possible as to how to implement the
feature. While each of these choices would be consistent with the way
that the feature is specified, unless identical choices are made, it is
likely that the resulting implementations would not be fully
interoperable. For this reason, where interoperability of change
tracking between implementations is required, implementers are
recommended to carry out specific checks that their implementation
choices are the same or similar enough to be interoperable."

That language was changed in our drafts and should have read:

""The under-specification of change tracking in ODF 1.2 resulted in
varying implementations of this feature. Where interoperability between
implementations is required, this feature should be checked for
interoperability."

See: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3873

The TC sees this as an editorial error to be noted to the TC Admin.

Will that be a problem?

2) The TC received one comment,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094, that does identify an
error in the spec, but it is one that has existed since 1.2 and so far
as we can tell, no implementer has followed our advice. Quite possibly
because what we say makes no sense for time calculations.

We intend to respond by acknowledging the error and setting it to ODF 1.4.

Will that suffice?

3) Svante wants to know what changes need to be made to prepare the
texts for the TC vote to make 03 the Committee Specification (contingent
on our supplying the proper forms about comments and changes.)

Thanks!

Hope you are having a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)