Subject: Re: [office] OpenFormula definitions for ODF 1.4

Hi,

Mathematical definitions are surprisingly inconsistent. For example all of matrix theory comes in two presentation (one being the transpose of the other). From a mathematical point of view it does not matter if we mean left or right eigenvectors when we say eigenvectors but from a spreadsheet point of view it is essential which ones we are talking about.

Andreas

On 2020-10-19 8:18 p.m., Patrick Durusau wrote:
Greetings,

The comment by Francis Cave today about not repeating definitions made
elsewhere prompted me to think about our replication of common
mathematical definitions in OpenFormula.

It maybe that too much has been invested in them to change now but for
the future, should we consider referencing a known source of formulas
for formal definition?

ISO defines symbols for math,
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:80000:-2:en, all hidden from the
public of course, functions anyone? I don't know of any.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD FTICA

Registrar & Associate Vice-President, Enrolment and Planning

Professor, Mathematical & Computing Sciences

Direct: +1 780 479 9290
Toll-Free: +1 866 479 5200

Concordia University of
                                        Edmonton

concordia.ab.ca

Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Twitter Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Instagram Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Facebook