Subject: Re: [office] ODF TC Teleconference 26 October 2020

Hi everyone,

I shortly discussed with Regina and Michael, if there are any further topics to talk about.
Michael just reminded me that if there is some time left today, we could talk about ODF 1.4 JIRA issues in general.Â
He pointed out the ODF 1.4 dashboard - I forgot about its existence - you need to log in (upper right corner)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11170#Â
Regina mentioned that from her understanding all ODF 1.4 issues should have an assignee, who take responsibility for this issue and likely prepares and present it for the TC.
There are different kind of issues as wordingÂ& bugs and on the other hand, new features, which should be in charge of an implementation owner.ÂÂ

In addition, Michal provided a basic query for ODF-Next issues:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4090?filter=16073
The query includes ODF-Next issues with all states. ODF-Next target was set during work on ODF 1.3 and meant as ODF 1.4 target.
Again Regina pointed out that she would like to keep this ODF-Next state in general as a pool of issues that can be taken when an assignee is found and/or the existing ODF 1.4 issues are resolved.

I did a quick check on the status of the ODF-Next query list:
  • RESOLVED - should have a resolution from TC and can already be changedÂto target ODF 1.4 - just one issue (OFFICE-3936)
  • NEW - are somehow incorrect set. Likely issues with a target should have the status OPEN as we usually evaluate a NEW issue and provide it with a target, as we did last week (two issues)
  • OPEN - the pool of 83 issues we can draw from.
  • CLOSED - can be ignored, were not accepted to be worked upon (4 issues)
  • DEFERRED - a pool of 27 issues, which might be changedÂto status OPEN (this state usage is not documented in ourÂJIRA documentation in our WIKIÂ[1])
  • APPLIED - luckily no existing, as applied should never be with target ODF-NextÂ
At some point, we might want to review and update our old ODF WIKI JIRA documentation [1], either in Wiki or preferable in GitHub.
And come back to Patrick's JIRA thoughts
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202010/msg00002.html
and Michaels' answer:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202010/msg00013.html

Best regards,