Subject: Notes from 30 November 2020

Greetings!

Great meeting today! Notes follow below.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Thanks to Svante for helping move us along on the SVG question!
Sometimes I worry issues too long!

******************

Patrick: quorum yes!
Patrick: Agenda - changes or additions - Svante finished editorial work
- take it up next week
Patrick: approved by consent
Patrick: approve minutes of November 16th - by consent
Patrick: Kelly Loeffler Normative constraint in non-normative Appendix
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4086
Regina has clarified my resolution:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202011/msg00068.html
(much improved, let's accept it)
Patrick: Regina's changes accepted and approved.
Patrick: Default values on dots1 and dots2 -
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4098
Regina has posted a resolution:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202011/msg00070.html
Patrick: Default values on dots1 and dots2 -
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4098
Regina has posted a resolution:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202011/msg00070.html
Francis: I'm here, but the phone system isn't accepting my access code.
I'll try another phone...
Patrick: Thanks Francis!
Patrick: Office-4098 - Regina's proposal accepted by consent
Patrick: Kelly Loeffler"system table" or system-table in db:attribute
(19.85.4 db:table-definition) part 3)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4029

Regina comments:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202011/msg00039.html
use "system-table"
Patrick: Francis suggest searching attribute styles with a space in the
string
Patrick: Svante looked at the schema - but not the other two grammars or
the specification - postpone -
Patrick: Kelly LoefflerAllow native SVG instead of <office:binary-data>
for images https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3995
Patrick:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202011/msg00082.html
Patrick: The fragment is a Conforming SVG Document Fragment ...
Patrick: as described in [SVG] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html
section G.2, or equivalent conformance clauses in other SVG
Recommendations as published by W3C that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
as described in [SVG] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html section
G.2, or equivalent conformance clauses in other SVG Recommendations as
published by W3C that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
Patrick: as described in [SVG] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html
section G.2, or equivalent conformance clauses in other SVG
Recommendations as published by W3C that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
This is a Conforming SVG Document Fragment as described in [SVG]
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html section G.2, or equivalent
conformance clauses in other SVG Recommendations as published by W3C
that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
Patrick: Andreas - SVG can change and a consumer may no longer conform.
Patrick: Michael - can ignore element if not understood - not a new problem
Patrick: Andreas - doesn't have the version attached to it, in a fragment -
Patrick: as described in [SVG] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html
section G.2, or equivalent conformance clauses in other SVG
Recommendations as published by W3C that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#SVGElementVersionAttribute
Patrick: Michael - fixed keyword for SVG 1.1 - DTD - has the value in
the DTD - for a fragment - don't have DTD - main difference is that the
fragment can't contain a doctype declaration -
anonymous morphed into Svante Schubert
Michael Stahl: https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdtd.html -Â version
%Number.datatype; #FIXED '1.1'
Patrick: Michael - if later versions are strict super-sets of older
work, not a problem
Patrick: Michael - but SVGTiny is a subset of the prior work
Patrick: Michael - could require version attribute on our SVG element
Patrick: Regina - that's difficult - producer would need to look into it
- prefers to put SVG in package into this element without looking into it
Patrick: Michael - could recommend that version attribute be present,
with should instead of shall
Patrick: Patrick - or we could allow consumers to fail when they don't
understand the format. Ugly but practical
Patrick: Svante - need to postpone - need to think about it. - discuss
on email -
Patrick: as described in [SVG] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html
section G.2, or equivalent conformance clauses in other SVG
Recommendations as published by W3C that use the same W3Csvg XML namespace.
Compare all paytypes in ODF 1.3 for consistency
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3915
Patrick: Number PayType ] ] )Number PayType ] ] )
Patrick: With PayType = 1 the first payment is made on the same day the
loan is taken out.
Patrick: Clarification for the user - notice that payment is due on the
first day of the period - more of a note (Regina)
Patrick: so, "With PayType = 1 the first payment is made on the same day
the loan is taken out." is more of a note. - Perhaps we should consider
changing it to a note.
Patrick: Francis + I will check on making it a note. - Francis asks
about the "loan" terminology
Patrick: Custom display names in data pilot tables
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3884
Patrick: New owner?
Patrick: Regina - as user you want to give the row summary and column
summary a name - but the proposal does not cover this - and not
currently possible. -
Patrick: Office-3884 needs to be changed to be really user friendly
Patrick: Patrick - try to produce a better proposal by Jan. 2021.
Patrick: Adjournment

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net