Subject: Notes for 7 December 2020

Greetings!

The notes for the ODF TC conference call appear below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*****

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4099
Patrick: quorum yes
Patrick: agenda - Regina adds new item - Office-4099 make it 13 and 13
becomes 14 and so on
Patrick: agenda - approved by consent
Patrick: minutes from 30 November 2020 - approved by consent
Patrick: 4. Svante - Paul Knight's email on publication - of Committee
Specification
Patrick: Alfred notes we are still waiting on statements of use
Patrick: Regina - has sent the text template to the Document Foundation
- it is on the way for them. - Svante was doing one for the ODF toolkit
- Michael is doing a third for his company -
Patrick: Alfred - perhaps as a holiday present? Regina says board
meeting will take 14 days
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3854
Patrick: In ODF 1.3, CS02, style:flow-with-text is 20.267
Patrick: In case - if?
Regina Henschel: A rule for a non-paged display is needed.
Patrick: How do you read: In section 19.509 <style:rel-height> append
after "The interpretation of percentage values depends on": ... where
that para reads in full: The interpretation of percentage values depends
on the anchor of the drawing object. If the anchor for the drawing
object is in a table cell, the percentage value is relative to the
surrounding table box. If the anchor for the drawing object is in a text
box, the percentage value is relative to the surrounding text box. In
other cases, the percentage values is relative to the width of the page
or window.
Francis Cave: There's an editorial typo in 20.267, final bullet point:
"...in the either text flow direction" should be "...in either text flow
direction".
Patrick: Francis - yes
Patrick: I suppose my real question is whether the proposed text
reflects the current text, albeit with a bit of indirection?
Patrick: surrounding table cell box - is current standard - not table
box - 20.267 - contradicted
Francis Cave: Does 19.513 contradict 20.286?
Francis Cave: I mean, does 19.513 contradict 20.267?
Patrick: Regina - 19.515 refers to in a frame - special case - proposal
is for graphic somewhere - Something wrong in rel-height already
Patrick: 19.515 -> 19.513
Patrick: new issue on 19.513 being limited to frames - fix this first,
then onto OFFICE-3854 ?
Patrick: Patrick will create new issue - and set OFFICE-3854 to as a
follow-up issue
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3847
Patrick: Regina - make exclusive in the schema
Patrick: line height rules need ascenders and descenders taken into
account - this is only for paragraphs - can vary because of characters
Patrick: Francis - in some sense a minimum
Patrick: Regina - modern font has leading plus ascenders and descenders
for line height, but if application doesn't recognize that, it will get
a different leading for the font
Patrick: Regina - not sure if we should say 100%
Patrick: Adjourned - 13:01

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net