Subject: RE: [office] Groups - odf-charter-revised-change-tracked-01 uploaded

Patrick and all

The words âin the second phaseâ I think should be replaced by âon further development of the formatâ, since the concept of two phases has been removed in the draft.

That section could possibly be better expressed as follows:

The work of this TC on further development of the format will be guided by the following overall aims:

1. to support and encourage implementers and end-users in the identification of new areas of application of the format,

2. to support and encourage implementers in exploring new or experimental ideas for office document representation,

3. to support and encourage TC members and implementers in submitting proposals for extending the expressiveness of the format.

Iâm struggling to find appropriate words, but Iâd also like to add something about the need to judge proposals for further development of the format in terms of there being a consensus of the TC:

  • that the use case is clear,
  • that the proposed technical solution is feasible and sufficiently stable/mature to justify inclusion in the standard.

Francis