OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Notes from March 15 2021 ODF TC Teleconference


The notes from the ODF TC Teleconference, March 15, 2021 are below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!



Patrick: quorum - yes
Patrick: agenda - approved by consent -
Patrick: minutes of 8 March 2021 - by consent
Patrick: Are there any objections to appointing Svante Schubert and
Patrick Durusau as committee Chairs?
Patrick: Svante Schubert and Patrick Durusau - consent to continue as chairs
Patrick: 5. Glossary for ODF 1.4?
Patrick: Andreas - likes the idea of defining terms - but worries from
the example - could require a lot of work
Patrick: Regina - has looked at style defs. - need a lot of terms
defined - can define in a glossary - or could do it in the text - make
glossary with pointer to definition in the text its self
Patrick: Regina - do it step by step - could do a few terms - add terms
as required - then remove other definitions. -
Patrick: Regina is concerned with terms that are used but not defined -
like margin - frame - border - indent
Patrick: not really defined what it is
Patrick: Patrick we don't have a page model
Patrick: general agreement that glossary with pointers to terms in text
Patrick: Regian suggests the wiki page as a place to try out definitions
before putting them in working draft
Patrick: Regina - define with references to CSS box model -
Patrick: Do we want glossary and / or do we want it for the public?
Patrick: Do we want a glossary - answer is yes
Patrick: And for the public - is also yet
Patrick: yet -> yes
Patrick: Question is the way to a glossary - Regina
Patrick: Regina and Patrick will use the wiki page as a worksheet,
initial target goal April 19th -
Patrick: Alfred - changes doc - made for Murata-san and Japanese team
Alfred Hellstern: When the TC first votes [6] to publish this Work
Product in the OASIS Library, we expect it to be published at:
The permanent "Latest version" URI will be:
Patrick: Alfred - would this be an errata document - for future changes
or publishing appendix separately -
Patrick: Document and clarify the purpose of the changes starting
document for next agenda - March 29th agenda
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3846
Patrick: Regina - still not clear on margins - don't have start and end
- RTL - needs definition - need a comment from Michael -
Patrick: defer to March 29th
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3841
Andreas Guelzow: I need to leave for another meeting...
Patrick: My suggestion is still to exchange "transparent with "pale and
perhaps add the use case "to be used in background. Use this and specify
an overlay attribute -
Patrick: defer to March 29th
Patrick: stand adjourned

Patrick Durusau
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net
Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]