Subject: Correction: Notes from 27 September 2021 - Re: [office] ODF Teleconference Notes from 30 September 2021

On 9/27/21 12:58 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

Greetings!

The notes from the ODF TC teleconference follow below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*********************

Patrick: Is there a help option, I'm looking on the website but can't find it. The operator can help you join the meeting
Patrick: www.freeconferencecall.com/support perhaps?
Patrick: or call 844) 844-1322.
Patrick: agenda approved by consent
Patrick: minutes September 20, 2021 - approved by consent
Alfred Hellstern: k I'll try those
Patrick: #4 - A typo/error referencing Julian proleptic calendar?
Patrick: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202109/msg00000.html
Alfred Hellstern: nope. keypad numbers aren't accepted, neither from my phone nor my PC, so I can't even get through their support voice mail system
Francis Cave: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:8601:-1:ed-1:v1:en
Patrick: https://web.archive.org/web/20171020084445/https://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/ISO_DIS%208601-1.pdf
Patrick: https://web.archive.org/web/20171020085148/https://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/ISO_DIS%208601-2.pdf
Patrick: Change Julian to Gregorian - then refer to ISO 8601:2016
Alfred Hellstern: well, i've kept trying, no dice. Let's hope next week works better. I'll check out the notes.
Michael Stahl: we have receieved a comment from our calendarologist: <erAck> mst___`: ah 19.341 number:calendar, Julian is nonsense and probably a typo there, should be Gregorian proleptic
Patrick: ISO 8601-1:2019 Section 4.2.1 The Gregorian Calendar
Patrick: Francis will see about checking against the actual text of 8601-1:2019
Patrick: Patrick to create the issue, and Francis to check the section number for referencing
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4111
Patrick: Regina - made an issue and test document
Patrick: need to consider the drawing backends on this issue - as close as possible to implementations
Patrick: Should we define these markers at all or say they are implementation dependent? the general question
Patrick: Andreas agrees it need to be defined
Patrick: Test behavior in applications and operating systems - different on the OS -
Patrick: Agree that we need this issue - and test applications on what they do - to find common behavior -
Patrick: Go through the questions Regina has listed in the issue -
Patrick: Regina's plan of action accepted by consent
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4110
Patrick: Francis - package was bought by a larger company, may not still have it.
Patrick: Patrick found an old copy of Star Office to install and check on its behavior.
Patrick: Adjourned -

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net