Subject: Notes from 11 April 2022 teleconference of ODF TC - Next Meeting 25 April 2022

Greetings!

Notes from the ODF TC teleconference, 11 April 2022, follow below.

Hope everyone has a safe week!

Patrick

************************************

*Patrick:*  quorum

*Patrick:*  agenda - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  minutes - of 4 April 2022 - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  4. Holiday

*Patrick:*  5. PAS submission -

*Patrick:*  6.https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202204/msg00000.html

*Regina Henschel:*  OOXML makes the connections with references to IDs. The slide references a layout and the layout references a master. The master has a list of associated layouts.
ODF has master and layout separated and a reference from the individual slide to a master and reference to a layout.

*Patrick:*  Regina - central point is to have connection betweeen master and layout -

*Patrick:*  Regina - should we make a change to have connection between master and layout

*Patrick:*  Francis - looks like different ways to reach the same end

*Patrick:*  Regina - master is a collection of sub-masters - combine layouts but can have own master elements

*Patrick:*  Regina - no inheritance from one master to another

*Patrick:*  Regina - OOXML has a form of inheritance

*Patrick:*  Regina - from one master to another

*Patrick:*  Regina - we don't have a parent for layout

*Patrick:*  Regina - a parent for a master

*Patrick:*  Regina - inheritance from the parent

*Patrick:*  Regina - there is a connection from the layout to the master

*Patrick:*  Regina - we don't have such a back reference

*Regina Henschel:*  draw:master-page-name 19.194; <styleresentation-page-layout> 16.43

*Regina Henschel:*  16.9 <style:master-page>

*Patrick:*  elements in ODF in question

*Svante:*  https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part3-schema.html#attribute-draw_master-page-name
https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part3-schema.html#element-style_presentation-page-layout

*Patrick:*  continue on the 25th of April

*Patrick:*  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/69808/odf-v.1.4-wd01-part4.odt

*Patrick:*  Francis - go to Appendix A

*Andreas Guelzow:*  Unfortunately I have to leave to get to a class I am supposed to teach on the hour. Sorry!

*Patrick:*  Enjoy the class!

*Patrick:*  Track editorial changes - that are not in JIRA - separately

*Patrick:*  Regina - if we see an a and should be an - what will we do

*Patrick:*  Francis - tempting to correct just as copy editing function

*Patrick:*  Francis - in OOXML - have a single editorial issue, logged under it

*Patrick:*  Regina - put in the Github

*Patrick:*  Regina - say editorial issues and they are in Github

*Patrick:*  Regina - then give a link to Github

*Patrick:*  Alfred - two places to track bugs

*Patrick:*  Francis - jira is about technical bugs, github are editorial

*Patrick:*  Francis - the function in 6.10.8 - needs to review carefully, it's new

*Patrick:*  Regina - start on 25th of April with part 4 before other issues.

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau