Subject: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.4 Part 3 WD02

Svante SchubertÂsvante.schubert@gmail.com

14:23 (vor 6 Stunden)
anÂPatrickFrancisReginaODF
Hi Francis, Hi Patrick,

I have finished again my batch (and no thanks, no time for another batch atm)... :-)

I reordered and improved my review steps this time. Perhaps/Hopefully, the other reviewers might improve their handling and give feedback as well!Â

A)ÂChecking if the Issue is mentioned correctly in the Appendix by searching for the bug number (no editorialÂissues should be listed).
  • I suggest to every reviewer to click on the heading reference, as one issue pointed to the wrong occurrence!
B)ÂIs the text of the resolution within the draft of the specification. Â
  • If there is no resolution only a proposalÂI suggest raising a flag here.Â
  • I find it an easyÂway to check the text to copy the JIRA text and the new text into two text files and make a text comparison.
  • For testing the styles, I have a copy of the draft with all changes accepted making a style review easier.
C)ÂIs the schema correctly changed (only applies for XML schema changes)
  • Search for the issue number in the draft RNG and compare it with the resolution of the issue

In addition, I have applied our ODF "default value" extracting-tooling from our Git repositoryÂto the latest draft.
The draft is not working correctly yet, but you might follow the items below to test it yourself:
  1. After cloning our ODF TC repository with Git from the command line: git cloneÂhttps://github.com/oasis-tcs/odf-tc/
  2. I changed to the root directory of our repo: cd odf-tc
  3. And build onceÂthe Java tooling to unzip an ODT file and extract the current default values by command-line calling the root directory the command:
    mvn clean install -Pdefault
    Note: The -PdefaultÂparameter is the Maven profile only triggering the XSLT of default extraction and building the Java tools but neglecting the HTML XSL transformation - saving some time.
    You may find the extracted values in the file:Âtarget/generated-resources/xml/xslt/content.odf14-default-values.xml (you may want to copy the file aside and rename it to compare later)
    The default values are equal to the one for ODF 1.3: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odf-tc/blob/master/docs/odf1.3/content.odf13-default-values.xml
  4. Now I have downloaded the latest editor's draft into the repository asÂsrc/main/resources/odf1.4/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.odt
  5. Unzipped the ODT from the root directory using our Java tooling:Âjava -cp target\test-classes org.oasis_open.odf_tc.Unzip src\main\resources\odf1.4\OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.odt
  6. You may see the changed ODF XML files via git:Âgit status -sb
  7. Extracted the default values again now for the latestÂeditor's draft:Âmvn clean install -Pdefault
  8. Compared the new default file:Âtarget/generated-resources/xml/xslt/content.odf14-default-values.xmlÂwith the one I copied aside (on Windows I mostly use TotalCommanderÂfor text compare).
  9. By this we can see that currently there is only one new line with a missing default value:Â <attribute name="style:page-usage" defaultValue=""/>

In the following the review of issues:

OFFICE-4047
===========
A) Review of Appendix Entry
The issue was mentioned in the appendix with the correct reference to the changed heading.

B)ÂReview of Specification Changes with Issue Resolution
The paragraph with the text: "The default value for the attribute draw:allow-overlap is true."
uses "Default Paragraph Style" but has to use the "Default Value" as paragraph style.Â
(just aÂrepetitiveÂerrorÂof what was mentioned earlier today)

C) Review of Schema Change
Schema changes are correct in the current RNG draft wd-02 starting at line 11013.

OFFICE-4088
===========
This issue with some typos is about part 2 (package) but I could not find a recent upload for part 2 at
At least in part 3, there is not a single occurrence of "implementation defined" :-)

OFFICE-4092
===========
A) Review of Appendix Entry
The issue is mentioned in the appendix but does refer to the wrong heading!

B) Review of Specification Changes with Issue Resolution
There is no resolution only a proposal on the JIRA issue.
But the proposal is identical to the changed specification text.

C) Review of Schema Change
(no schema changes within the issue)

OFFICE-4104
A) Review of Appendix Entry
The issue is mentioned in the appendix and refers to the correct heading!

B) Review of Specification Changes with Issue Resolution
There is no resolution only a proposal on the JIRA issue.
The proposal is to switch "true" and "false" - theÂfix seems not to apply.

C) Review of Schema Change
(no schema changes within the issue)

Regards,
Svante