Subject: Re: [office] Agenda for August 15th ODF TC Teleconference meeting

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Durusau schrieb am 10.08.2022 um 22:19:
[..]
I welcome any and all suggestions, rejoinders, proposals that anyone cares to contribute. It's entirely possible that I may venture some text as a starting point either later today or early tomorrow.

So here is my proposal:
(A)
Add the following sentence to 19.811 text:formula:
If a namespace prefix is not specified, the namespace defaults to the "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2" namespace.

The specification of 19.600 table:condition, 19.600 table:condition, 19.639 table:expression and 19.646 table:formula already contains such a sentence. Under the proposed addition for 19.811 text:formula, all affected attribute descriptions specify which namespace to use when a prefix is missing. Therefore, this can be omitted in item D.3).

(B)
My proposal for item D.3) in 2.2.1 OpenDocument Document:
The specification of style:condition (19.472), table:condition (19.600), table:expression (19.639), table:formula (19.646) and text:formula (19.811) determines a namespace to be used for the attribute value. This namespace determines the syntax and semantics of formulas or expressions in the attribute value. If the namespace to be used is the "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2" namespace, then the formulas and expressions shall conform to Part 4 of this specification.

(C)
Add in each of the five attribute descriptions:
Producer should only use the "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2" namespace to ensure interoperability.

Kind regards
Regina