Subject: RE: [office] sorry about today's email flood

Hi Michael

Excellent job! Your proposals for identifying Part components seem fine to me.

Patrick and I have reviewed all the JIRA issues that have Status="RESOLVED" and Fix Version="1.4" and, partly as a consequence of your work, we have identified five issues whose resolutions need to be fully applied in the Working Draft text and/or schemas in GitHub:

- Office-4110
- Office-4120
- Office-4122
- Office-4123
- Office-4132

Note that Office-4080 has been resolved, but won't be applied until we freeze the text of ODF 1.4.

Kind regards,

Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: office@lists.oasis-open.org <office@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Michael Stahl
Sent: 16 January 2023 20:20
To: ODF TC List <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [office] sorry about today's email flood

hi folks,

i have reviewed all issues that had no "Fix version" set and were not CLOSED.

the vast majority was old stuff that went into ODF 1.2, ODF 1.3, or was a duplicate, or resolved "No action" or similar - those are all CLOSED now.

Of 139 issues, 25 remain - perhaps we should look to assign some "Fix Version" to these they don't get lost.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3951?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20Resolved%2C%20New%2C%20Deferred%2C%20Applied)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20EMPTY%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

i found this editorial issue which we should fix for ODF 1.4:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4137

this issue is about the database MIME type, i have reviewed the IANA pages and i believe there is nothing more for us to do, the issue can be
resolved:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3745

then i noticed that we somehow have duplicate "Components" for the various parts, and long story short i was able to fix that.

there are now the following part components, which include both the current part number and the ODF 1.2 part number - these can easily be renamed if someone has a better idea:

* Part 1 (Introduction) [1.2: -]
* Part 2 (Packages) [1.2: 3]
* Part 3 (Schema) [1.2: 1]
* Part 4 (Formula) [1.2: 2]

then i've re-assigned the duplicate components' issues to the canoncial components, and summarily deleted these duplicate components:

* Overview Document
* Part (Schema)
* Part (Formulas)
* Part (Packages)

hope JIRA is a little less confusing now, and sorry about all those mails!

regards,
  michael

--
Michael Stahl