officedoc message

Hi everyone,

Welcome!

We don't officially have a committee yet, but we do have a meeting
room at XML '99 in Philadelphia on Thursday, December 9th, from 9am
to 4pm (see below). I'm not sure if we'll need that entire amount
of time, but it's nice that it's available if we do.

This is the first test of the OASIS Office Document TC mailing
list, so if you received this message, you're on the list. You can
respond into the list at:

   officedoc@lists.oasis-open.org

and get information from the listserver majordomo software (including
how to unsubscribe) by sending a message whose body is "help" to:

   majordomo@lists.oasis-open.org

We accomplished a fair amount during the last unofficial "OfficeDoc"
meeting, so perhaps we can continue to move forward even as the
process of forming the TC does too. There certainly seems to be a
lot of interest in getting the ball rolling.

My apologies on the lateness of this message. I actually sent it
out before getting on the plane to Philadelphia, and the listserver
sent it back to me for approval, then we had to alter the moderation
of the list so anyone could post (from the list membership) without
the list manager approving it. But now everything is up and running
correctly.

I hope to see you all at the meeting!

Murray

Murray

Murray Altheim                                   <mailto:altheim@sonic.net>
Member of Technical Staff, Tools Development & Support
Sun Microsystems, Inc. MS MPK17-102
1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, California 94025  <mailto:altheim@eng.sun.com>

   the honey bee is sad and cross and wicked as a weasel
   and when she perches on you boss she leaves a little measle -- archy