ohdf message

Subject: Short Helper Snippet on Publicly Accessible URLs for minutes, issues, etc.

Dear members,

soon we will start collaborating and thus will create meeting  agendas,
minutes of meetings, report issues, execute peer reviews
where we may comment and refer to URLs, and also will exchange emails
on our TC mailing list.

All these documents will refer in one way or another to
our "stuff". Please be aware, that the paths to these
artifacts are split per scope. For some links you will
require to be a member of the TC and authenticate
while for other links to the **same resource** the access
is public.

One document that lists the most important such cases
in a section is the "OASIS Naming Directives" currently available
at version 1.6 as of February 13, 2020.

The (public) link to the section describing "Publicly Accessible URIs" is:

 https://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#accessibleURIs

That section covers the categories:

- Document
- Email message
- TC ballot listing
- TC individual ballot
- TC calendar entry

Good news is, that in most cases, the publicly accessible URL is
shorter than the corresponding "private" URL.

Even better news is, that in fact we can even drop the filename part
of document references like accessing:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34151/

instead of:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34151/ndr-prd1-comments.txt

Next up:

I intend to provide short info snippets (like this) with more specific examples
once we are in command of our GitHub OASIS TC repository.

The upcoming snippets (still per email) in this "series" will be:

- How to register the participation to a "normal" TC meeting
  (those counting towards voting rights)

- How to request Permanent Non-Voting Member status with the TC
  (spoiler alert: a simple mail to the tc mailing list addressing the chairs)

- How to transition from Observer to Member status
  (spoiler alert: leave the TC and join again as member)

- How to request a once per year Leave of Absence
  (spoiler alert: usually an over used feature IMO)

- Which motions do not require a "second"
  (spoiler alert: motions for approval of agenda, previous minutes,
   and motion to adjourn a meeting) and the rationale behind it

- How motions can be conducted per e-mail
  (there are many ways, just listing one way that works)

All the best,
Stefan.

Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4206-892X
read: https://stefan-hagen.website
write: stefan@hagen.link