oic message

Subject: New test meta data proposal

Title: New test meta data proposal

Dear OIC members,

I've uploaded a "complex" test document (well, actually an empty .odt with a preview thumbnail and some data in meta.xml, but that already allows for several test scenarios)

As Ming Fei Jia suggested, once validated by the TC, this or a similar document could be used as a starting point for others to add tables, frames, paragraphs etc...
(although we will always need multiple documents, be it complex or atomic, simply because some features are mutually exclusive)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/download.php/30498/complex-test.zip

At the same time, I've updated the proposal for a test meta data schema (available in RNG and translated to XSD using Trang).

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/download.php/30499/doctest.rng
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/download.php/30500/doctest.xsd

The zip mentioned above contains a complex-test-meta.xml which should validate against the XSD, so that would hopefully give you a fairly good impression. (note to myself: still have to update the wiki accordingly)

Changes:
- renamed it to doctest instead of odftest (could be useful for testing other document formats as well)
- allow for multiple tests and results
- lots of additional fine-tuning

The reason for allowing results to be added to the same document as the test document is to make sure that results and tests don't get out of sync. In the perfect world:
- the OIC would create and publish test documents + test meta data
- XSLT-scripts could automatically build a few focused test sets
("spreadsheets", "odf-1.1", ...)
- experts/vendors/researchers would run the tests and add results
- the results would be submitted to the OIC
- yet another set of XSLT scripts could summarize/anonymize these results
- the result would be one or more general interop reports
("feature X only supported by Y% implementations")

As always, any comment is greatly appreciated

Happy New Year,

Bart