oic message

Subject: test documents, todo

Dear OIC members,

Regardless if/when a meta data proposal will be accepted, we still need
several test documents and think about test scenarios.
This can be done in parallel.

As MingFei Jia suggested, I'll intend to upload empty .odt, .ods and
.odp for your convenience by the end of the week.

We'll need several test documents, since - for example - a file can't be
both encrypted and non-encrypted, in a package and as a single
standalone XML-document (not to mention side-effects that can be
encountered when options/features interfere)

To avoid duplication of effort, I suggest that anyone who's interested
in testing a specific ODF part lists his/her name on the wiki:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/WhoDoesWhat

When done, the test documents can be uploaded to the OIC document
repository
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/documents.php
For starters, one could use the "Sandbox" directory

Not a perfect solution, but for the time being, we can probably get away
with creating separate, reasonable sized docs (perhaps we can merge them
afterwards) and agree on a simple naming convention for the file name
and document description. My suggestion:
Testdoc-<description>-<yourname>

Hopefully, we'll have a reasonable meta data schema available in a short
notice, so we can upload the test scenario files (either as separate
files or inside the ODF package, actually both should be OK as long
we're aware of it) as well, and discuss/validate them in the TC.

Best regards,

Bart