oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] A simple and easy idea

Title: RE: [oic] A simple and easy idea

Hi Rob,

Well it's up to the vendors to support this of course, but I'm all
in favor :-)

Perhaps a link to the opendocument.xml.org forum on interoperability
could also be added to the mix (although we must make sure not to
confuse people with giving them too many options)

And if we receive documents, we could save a copy in SVN and open a
ticket in Jira for it (or would that be too much "commenting" ?)

Best regards,

Bart

PS: if you're looking for priorities: I'd hint form fields

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Fri 3/6/2009 10:33 PM
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [oic] A simple and easy idea

I'd like to do the following:

1) Create a table where I list, on a voluntary, opt-in basis, names of ODF
vendors, their ODF product, and a URL or email address where ODF
interoperability problems may be reported by end users.  In most cases it
will simply be an existing bug reporting page.  We could keep this on the
Wiki, for example.

2) Encourage end-users who experience interop bugs to report them,
according to the procedures in the above table.  Since an end user cannot
easily tell whether the problem they are experiencing is caused by the
authoring application or their editing application, they could use this
table to report the defect to both vendors.

 3) In additional, we encourage the users them to submit an example
document demonstrating the problem to the oic-comment mailing list.   We
would use the incoming example documents to help prioritize what areas we
develop test cases for first.

Any thoughts?

-Rob