oic message

Subject: test assertions and such

Dear members,

I'm continuing to write test assertions for the predefined metadata.

Thanks to Dennis's hint of adding the correct mime-type properties to
svn, you can point your favorite browser to, for instance,

http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oic/TestSuite/br
anches/barth/odf11/scenarios/html/metadata-meta-editing-cycles.html

and get the html "nicely" (the CSS is so '90s) rendered in your browser,
instead of having to parse the HTML tags yourself...

I'll try to commit the rest of the assertions by the end of the week,
then we'll have drafts for test assertions, related test cases and test
documents for most (not all) pre-defined metadata in ODF 1.1.

Next, we can start some healthy discussions in order to move them
forward to a first committee draft (hopefully by the end of May ?)

IMHO the focus of these discussions should initially be on the
validation of the assertions, the test cases and test documents, rather
than on the specifics of the XML schema's or tools used to generate
them.

(any suggestion for improving these tools/schema's is welcome of course,
but if we first agree on the desired outcome, then it'll be much easier
to enhance our tool chain)

Best regards,

Bart