oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Version Control Commit by bart.hanssens

Dear OIC members,

I've made some slight modifications to the test assertions:

- changed prescriptionlevel to "interpretation"
- added target "implementation"

As Dennis pointed out, my assertions are mostly interpretations on how
an implementation IMHO should implement the ODF specification, instead
of conformance clauses for documents (taken from the spec itself)

As Rob pointed out, we can actually do this as the OIC TC and I strongly
feel we should (we could call it an Interoperability Profile, whatever)
since the spec is

a) rather vague (or silent) on implementation behavior
b) the document part is mostly covered by the XSD

For instance: it isn't explicitly mentioned in the spec that
meta:printed-by must be updated after printing, so I've written down an
interpretation or deduction (whether or not this is a good
interpretation, is up for discussion)

I honestly cannot think of any spec-based, document-level assertion for
this element that goes beyond what can be checked by the XSD. If someone
else can, please do so...

Now, putting "interpretation" in <prescriptionlevel> isn't the cleanest
solution, but from a practical view, it saves one level of indirection:

- if I had to point from <normativereference> to yet another (yet to be
written document) called "ODF interpretation", and then point from that
document to the part of existing ODF spec...

- anyway, the assertion files being XML, we can simply write a script to
extract said "ODF interpretation" document afterwards

Best regards,

Bart