oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] Groups - ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd02.odt uploaded

Just complete the proposal review. Great work,Bart!
Several comments:

1. For the work flow, current proposal already states the relative details through your experiments of these days. But could you add the process how TC member review the test case. Maybe my previous input in wiki, the step 4 will be helpful for your reference(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/TestSuiteCMProcess)

2. Current proposal does not clearly specify how contributors submit the test cases. I remember originally you propose and I stated in the above link that contributors(TC members or TC outside persons) send a mail through plain template. This is one option, the other maybe just contributors directly write xml files and submit to SVN.

3. As to how contributors generate xml file, html file, how contributors submit test cases to SVN. Maybe these are too many technical details, and not necessary to state in the proposal. But could you write a simple guideline in the wiki so that other members can start to work based on your previous experimental result?

4. Since conformance test suite and interoperability test suite are different deliverables of OIC TC, it will be better we create different trunks in the SVN so that convenient to manage test suites and create corresponding zip package.

5. Some terms should be consistent from current phase. Before I understant one test case include test scenario + test asssertion + test document. But in current proposal, these 3 things are separate, test cases only means the test scenario. That does not matter, only different understandings. But the terms need to be consistent. For example, the if we think test scenario is just test case, the folder name "scenario" in SVN should be changed to "Cases".

6. For me, the roles in the test case creation process include contributor, coodinator. The coodinator should be the same with "lead" in current proposal. But I like to call it "coordinator". This is not a big issue.

7. First step, we need to start from creating conformance test suite. I understand conformance test suite should cover the whole specification,and we should try to avoid duplicate or intersect the same feature in the specification. So we need to provide a tools or means that are indexing the existed test cases so that TC members are easy to search if some test cases already exist. I do not if SVN can do such things.

8. As to interoperability test suite creation, this depends on ODF interoperability guidelines. These 2 things should a parallel and increamental development result.

Inactive hide details for bart.hanssens---05/28/2009 08:23:07 PM---Hi,bart.hanssens---05/28/2009 08:23:07 PM---Hi,

bart.hanssens@fedict.be

oic@lists.oasis-open.org

05/28/2009 08:23 PM

[oic] Groups - ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd02.odt uploaded

Hi,

This is a second version of my brain dump / proposal on how to create a
Conformance and/or Interop Test Suite

(connecting ODF specification to Test Assertions, Test Cases and Test
Documents)

Most important changes, largely based upon Rob's comments
- used ISO wording
- some changes on the schema (doctest -> TestCaseSet)
- editorial changes (capitals, typos)

Best regards,

Bart

-- Mr. Bart Hanssens

The document revision named ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd02.odt has been
submitted by Mr. Bart Hanssens to the OASIS Open Document Format
Interoperability and Conformance (OIC) TC document repository.  This
document is revision #1 of ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd01.odt.

Document Description:
Working draft on how conformance (and interoperability) test suites can be
created

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=32691

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32691/ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd02.odt

Revision:
This document is revision #1 of ConformanceAssessmentMethod-wd01.odt.  The
document details page referenced above will show the complete revision
history.

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste

-OASIS Open Administration