oic message

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 19:09 +0200, Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for those not on the The Hague plugfest mailing list, a short summary of what is currently
> being discussed:
>
> - writing out "default" values like page margins: should implementations be required to write
> them out (probably yes) and/or should the spec itself contain default values (probably not ?)

As I commented on the plugfest list, the former should be an application
choice. There are use cases and users that would desire the displaying
implementation to choose certain values. So they should not be included
in the document (unless we add an "auto" to all those poccible values
and complicate life.)

> - fixing implementation bugs (most notably the trailing slash issue when embeddeding
> objects) : some implementations do it correct (as mentioned in the spec), others do not.
> For the sake of interop, should conforming apps accept non-conforming documents when
> it's trivial to implement this ? Balance between proliferating bugs and real world interop.
I don't think any standard can tell imps to accept non-conforming
documents. An OOXML document is a non-conforming ODF document. CLearly
you mean really only little differences but there is no way to define
that. Implementations should write documents following the spec.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Concordia University College of Alberta