oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] charts in spreadsheets, ranges

Dennis,

indeed, the <draw:object xlink:href=...  is what I was referring to.

Best regards

Bart
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:16 PM
To: 'Andreas J. Guelzow'; oic@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks, I figured that was the case.

1. OK, I assume the discussion of table:cell-range-address and
chart:values-cell-range-address has nothing to do with the URI question,
since those attributes do not carry URI values.

2. So we are talking about the interesting case of an "embedded" chart
document whose content.xml file has an <office:body> element with
<office:chart> content which in turn contains a single <chart:chart> along
with some optional companion material.

3. This chart is being incorporated into the main document by reference
somehow, such as using a <draw:object> element xlink:href attribute with a
relative URI that references the "sub-package" that is the chart document.
So 17.5 applies.

4. There's nothing in 17.5 or the URI specification that deals with
sub-packages, only subfiles.  The first clue about sub-packages is in
section 17.7.3 (although there is no definition of what the full-path value
would be when there is no corresponding Zip item).  The second clue is in
the sample manifest following section 17.7.6, with the following remarkable
element:

   <manifest:file-entry
      manifest:media-type="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"
      manifest:full-path="/"
      />

5. By anology, based on the only thin evidence in the specification,

   <manifest:file-entry
      manifest:media-type="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart"
      manifest:full-path="Objects/Chart 1/"
      />

   and the like appear to follow.

 - Dennis

PS: I agree with Bart that there is no rationale for "./Object 1"
whatsoever.  It should be "Object 1/" and "./Object 1/" (resolving to the
same full-path), once the the specification is tightened to allow URI
reference to the entirety of an embedded set of package items for a
sub-document.