oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] interoperability issue with StateOfInterop-cd01-rev02.odtdocument

Bernd.Eilers@Sun.COM wrote on 10/26/2009 12:02:26 PM:

> Hi there!
>
> There is an interoperability problem with the
> StateOfInterop-cd01-rev02.odt document.
>
> When viewed in a current OpenOffice.org version numbering of the
> headlines is broken.
>
> What should have been chapter 2.2 is numbered chapter 0.1, what should
> have been chapter 2.3 is also numbered chapter 0.1 and what should have
> been chapter 3 is numbered chapter 1 and some more similar errors.
>
> According to some QA person here this is broken in the original document

> and might have been caused by some older version of OpenOffice.org or
> similar which allowed to manually overwrite numbering labels.

Yes, I've been talking with Oliver on this problem as well.  It appears to
be that the OASIS template defines styles that require ODF 1.2 support,
but I was saving the file as an ODF 1.1 file.

> The numbering of the headlines in the document can be fixed in
> OpenOffice.org by switching numbering mode off and back on again once
> for each of the broken headlines.

I tried that but when I saved the file it would revert back to the wrong
numbering.  I will try again, but save as ODF 1.2 format.  Hopefully that
will fix it.

> Bye the way: I also found a small typo in the chapter "Approaches to
> Improving ODF Interoperability" there is a sentence where the word
> "that" is 2 times in the sentence where it should be there only once.
> The text reads: It is well-known from SQA research that that the optimal

> approach often involves a blend of different complementary techniques.

Thanks, I'll fix that.

-Rob