oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Restrictions for meta:editing-duration

Hi Bernd,

a) ok, adding the word 'accumulated' would clarify the intention

b) and it indeed makes sense that a Producer only uses days, hours, minutes
and seconds because months and years is ambiguous

(we can safely ignore leap seconds and assume a day is always 86400 seconds,
and I don't think someone is actually interested in seconds)

c) I don't entirely agree on Consumers not having to deal with years, months, etc...

Suggestion:

Producer SHALL only use days, hours, minutes and seconds

c1) Consumers SHALL be able to parse P0Y0M... (Y = 0, M =  0 is a bit useless,
but valid, and an implementation has to be able to parse this notation anyway if it
also supports meta:user-defined with a duration...)

c2) Consumers MAY treat Y = 365 and M = 30 days

d) more important: what is "editing time" ? Time between opening and saving  a
document in a non-readonly mode ?
Or (this makes more sense IMHO) from the first change, regardless if this change
is "undone", until saving the document. Does merely changing some styles counts
as editing ? Modifying application specific settings ? Signing ?  (I guess it does)

Best regards,

Bart