oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Testsuite 000001-simplepackage.odt card.rdf file bugs

One correction below.  The file is named, "meta/card.rdf" in the package, not just "card.rdf".  I forgot to allow for the fact that my Zip utility splits the names apart.  (I must remember that when I make Zip-checking utilities for testing Package software.)

With regard to item (4) in my note, perhaps it is better to have a dummy meta/card.rdf file that says it is a dummy file, in a comment or even in RDF-ese.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200912/msg00046.html
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:49
To: Bart Hanssens
Cc: OIC TC List

1. The file card.rdf is not namespace well-formed.  I think a bulk replace of "vCard" with "vcard" will cure that (or vice versa, but there are fewer vCard occurrences to change).

2. I have no idea whether or not the namespace bound to vcard (corrected) provides for those elements and such, so I will leave that to others to check.

3. I am curious, however, what kind of connection, even for testing purposes, can be made, using RDF, between the metadata asserted in card.rdf and the ODF 1.2 Text Document that is represented in this package.  I couldn't find any metadata that accomplished that.  (I am rather suspicious of the rdf:about="http:/examples.odf/johndoe" and how it would be used.  I understand this is an example, but I would like to see an example that connected all the dots, even if they are exemplary dots.)

4. Perhaps for a "Hello World" document it would be best to not presume some sort of credible RDF injection as part of the package.

 - Dennis