oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2010-04-07 Meeting Minutes

Subject: OIC TC MEETING MINUTES

COORDINATION CALL
Date:  Wednesday 7 April 2010
Time:  13:30 - 14:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: <http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic>
 (doesn't count for attendance)

The call-in numbers: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200903/msg00017.html>
Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the call-in numbers:
< http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201004/msg00010.html>

The action items (log-in required):
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php>

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
Five of the 9 Voting Members were required for a quorum.  At the roll call, 7 of 9 Voting Member were present and the quorum was satisfied.

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Donald Harbison, IBM
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)
    + Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft
    * Andrew Rist, Oracle Corporation
    + Bernd Eilers, Sun Microsystems
    = Svante Schubert, Sun Microsystems
    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Sun Microsystems

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (7)
       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (2)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Xiaohong Dong, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
      Shuran Hua, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
    - Robert Weir, IBM
      Peter Junge, Individual
      Thorsten Zachmann, Individual
    - Hideki Hiura, Just Systems
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
      Alan Clark, Novell
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
    = Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
      Daniel Rentz, Sun Microsystems
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (0)
       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (2)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

1.2 ACCEPTANCE OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

Minutes for the 2010-03-24 Meeting, approved without objection
< http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201003/msg00055.html>

1.3 ACCEPTANCE OF TODAY'S AGENDA: approved without objection
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201004/msg00010.html>

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS

#0015 Template Scenarios.  Still on hold.  Dennis said he will update the promise date.

#0026-0027.  Cherie reported that there is no date on these yet.  Work in progress.

#0033 Best Practices for Document Authors.  No report.

#0034 Interop Demo Videos.  Louis reports that there is work on creating a video.  Target is for demonstration at the Granada Plugfest.

#0037 ODF Plugfest Spain. Bart doesn't see anything on our mailing list for submission to submit from the OIC TC.  Work in progress.  On today's agenda (item 5, below)

#0038 Clean OTT specification template.  Work in progress.

3. STATE OF INTEROPERABILITY REPORT
There have been no new comments on the comment list or the TC list.  (The 60-day public review ends on 2010-05-08.)

4. ODF 1.1 INTEROPERABILITY PROFILE
  a) Bart submitted a new working draft that fixed a few issues.
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37164>
Not all of the open JIRA issues have been resolved and applied to the working document.

  b) We discussed the scope of the document and what is included, excluded, what does one have whenever the profile is satisfied.  JIRA Issue OIC-75 was the topic.
  Svante talked about SC34 WG55 and its feature level profiling rather than markup-level handling of features, in part because OOXML and ODF may have the same or intersecting features but the markup (approaches) are different.
  Cherie talked about PDF/A and the advantage of dealing with preservation and long-term correct access as a way to narrow and get started as well.
  There was further discussion about how we have not arrived at much by way of test guidelines yet, and the amount of worked involved in doing that.  Bart expressed concern for the interop problems that are out there already.
ACTIONS: Start looking at what is on the table (the current draft) and the JIRA issues.
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OIC/component/10102>
  Focus our attention on what to get done immediately and get it done.  Look at what we can do to move ahead.

5. ODF PLUGFEST IN SPAIN, April 15-17
< http://plugfest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:201004_granada:info>
Some ODF and OIC TC Members will be there.  We can take a look at the web site, follow on twitter, etc.

6. ROUND TABLE (not held - we were running out of time)

7. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING
For coordination with ISO JTC1/SC34 WG6 teleconferences so they do not coincide with OIC TC meetings, we are asked to confirm that we won't be meeting on any more dates than in the current alternating-Wednesdays schedule.  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201003/msg00056.html>

We confirmed that to be the case through the end of June, 2010.  Bart will communicate this to WG6 Convener Francis Cave.

The next meeting will be on April 21 and at the same time (1330-1430 UT).

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis E. Hamilton