Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] What are we validating and why?

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:

> Sounds familiar eh?  Certainly I can point to CAM syntax compared to XSD
> say in this context ; -)
>
> So - if part of what we're after here is developing that big picture of
> requirements for a functional scripting that makes page content checking
> a snap - hell yeah - we need that!

I was considering jOpenDocument or OdfToolkit + Groovy, but I'll take a
look at CAM :-)

Anyway, checking *rendering* will be the most difficult part to automate
(this is a mayor issue for end users) and some parts might be ambiguous
/ not defined in the spec.
(like Rob said, this calls for an "ACID-test" for ODF)

Best regards,

Bart