Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] (1)(f) and (1)(g) -- audience and workinglanguage

"Sam Johnston" <samj@samj.net> wrote on 06/11/2008 09:57:16 AM:

> Hi Rob,
>
> There have been a few suggestions already for 1f in the wiki - so
> far Vendors, Integrators, Users, Customer Groups (see http://
> sites.google.com/a/odfiic.org/tc/Home/tc-charter/anticipated-audience).

Great.  So combined with what David sent, we have:

1) Vendors
2) Integrators
3) Users
4) Customer groups
5) Purchasers of software or services

We'll need to make this a bit crisper, but let's identify the main categories and then we can wordsmith.

I think I'd add:

6) Third-party certification labs

Any others?  In particular, would conformity assessment documents, etc., be of use to government, to ICT policy makers, etc., or do they think of conformance and interoperability as merely a detail to be left to vendors to sort out?

> Presumably 1g refers to a 'natural language', in which case US
> English seems the obvious choice (presumably this should be the same
> as the ODF TC).

I'm not sure if the question is referring to the language of our formal output, or the language used in our conference calls and mailing list.

I think our formal outputs should be in US English, but for the mailing list and phone calls, any form of English should be fine.

-Rob